Chapter Seven

"Are you ready to do this?" I asked rubbing Noelle's knuckles.

"Hey, I survived my dad yesterday, Sadie will be nothing," she grinned.

"She got mad at Megan because she didn't tell her she got a hamster," I laughed.

Her eyes got wider. "Oh my god we're gonna die."

I laughed and bumped her. She nudged me back and kissed my cheek. I stopped in front of her and leaned up to kiss her.

"I love these boots by the way," I looked down at her feet.

"Why?" she looked down with me.

"They make you taller than me."

She pinched my butt and I squeaked.

"You're too cute," she smiled.

"Well someone has to be in this relationship."

"Girls! You'll never believe who just got a date!" We both turned around to see Sadie rushing towards us.

"Who?" I almost groaned. Sadie was on top of all the drama within our school.

"Me!" she practically floated off the ground with excitement.

"Who with?" I gasped shocked that she had actually found someone 'worthy' of a date with her.

"The new kid in school," she winked.

"Well you'll have to introduce us to him," Noelle smiled.

"I will."

Noelle looked at me and I knew it was my turn to give her the drama.

"You guys okay?" she asked.

"Yes, we're really good actually and we wanted to talk to you about it."

"What's happening?" she stepped back.

"Nothing bad," Noelle laughed.

I took a deep breath and went for it, "me and Noelle are dating."

Her eyes widen and her mouth dropped.

"You? A girl?" she looked at me confused.

"Noelle yes, you no."

"Hey," Noelle stepped forward.

"You wish, I was your type," she winked and Sadie gasped.

"I'm not?"

"Nope, just this pretty thing," Noelle stepped back and took my hand kissing it causing the usual blush.

"So how did you guys know?"

"Before I left I kissed her and never forgot it," Noelle smiled rubbing my knuckles.

"And I never did either. None of the boys ever kissed like her," I chimed in.

"Awwww, it's weird, but I'll get use to it," Sadie hugged us both.

"I'm glad, because otherwise you'd just have to deal with it," Noelle laughed.

The bell rang and Noelle started to walk me to my class when Sadie called from behind us.

"Guy in blue jacket!" she whisper shouted.

We both turned to see a gorgeous blonde, blue eyed guy. He was a little too perfect for my taste, but it makes sense why Sadie liked him. I then started to notice just how hard Noelle was squeezing my hand.

"Babe, starting to hurt," I groaned.

My arm was tugged harshly as she started walking.

"Noelle, what is it?" she didn't respond.

We made it to my class and she pinned me against the lockers.

"If Sadie's new guy gets anywhere near you text me immediately do you understand?"

Her eyes were growing darker and her tone was harsh.

"Who is he?"

"I can't talk about that right now, but whatever you do, do not get alone with him, do you understand me?"

I rolled my eyes, "I promise miss grumpy vampire."

"Grumpy vampire is going to keep you alive as long as she can."

Her tone was nothing but serious and it made my skin crawl. Who was this guy? Then it hit me like the idiot I was. Obviously he was a bad vampire. Right?

Classes went easy the rest of the day. I didn't pass the blonde guy once. That scared me more than seeing him really though. Noelle was already waiting outside my last class's door for me.

"Ready to go home?" she asked.

"Hungry?" I winked taking her hand walking out to the parking lot.

"For a couple of things."

I looked back to see her giant grin turn into a deep frown. I looked forward to see Sadie and the new guy leaning against her car.

"Hey guys!" Sadie yelled.

"Hey," I waved. Noelle was silent.

"Ally, Noelle this is Kyle. Kyle this is Ally," she motioned to me and I shook his hand, "and this is Noelle," there was a moment of hesitation before they both shook each other's hands.

"Nice to meet you," Noelle gritted her teeth.

"You too," German accent thick.

"Well if you don't mind, Noelle here is taking me on a little date," I nudged Sadie to ease the tension.

"Of course! We're going too," she looked up at him and he wrapped his arm around her waist.

Noelle waited till they were gone and quickly got me in the car the followed.

"Call my mom," she commanded as she started to drive.

I didn't want to even attempt to tell her no.

"Hello?" her mom answered.

"Mom, Kyle is here."

"What!" she couldn't have sounded any angrier and  the worry in her tone was awful. "Is Ally with you?"

"Yes, we're coming home now. Is dad home?"

"Not yet, he's picking up blood. I'll call him as soon as we hang up."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too."

They both hung up and I looked at Noelle.

"Who is he?" I finally gained the courage to ask again.

"He would be Victor's son."

Victor? I rattled around in my brain until I remembered. He's the one who tried to kill Noelle. He sent his son to try again. Oh no. Not my baby.

I reached over and squeezed her hand on the steering wheel. She grinned.

"Don't worry beautiful, I have a big family," she winked.