Chapter Twenty-Three

"You have to focus on only your mother Ally," Noelle's father spoke. He was using the calmest voice I think he'd ever used. I appreciated it deeply considering I just found out I'm a witch/vampire which no one in her family has ever heard of.

"I'm trying to, but I don't know how it's going to change from just seeing her to seeing what she sees," I groaned.

"You can do more than you think. The struggle is you've never tapped into your powers. You aren't sure where they come from," I could hear her dad pace around me.

"Okay lets think about this. Power usually comes from two places; your mind and your heart. Think about what you use the most," her mom spoke softly from behind me.

I opened one of my eyes to see Noelle watching me intently. I loved her face when she was in thought. It would get so serious so quickly. Her eyes would wonder around her focus zone. If you didn't know her, you'd swear she was pissed off.

"My heart," I answered still peaking to see the corner of Noelle's mouth lift up into a smile.

She winked at me and I quickly closed my eyes again.

Okay Ally, your heart. You use it enough, it can't be that hard to tap into too.

"Think about happy times with your mom. Think about how much you want to be with her again," her dad spoke sitting down in front of me.

I took a deep breath and started to think about the time we went to the SPCA. I wanted every dog in the whole building. My mom however said I couldn't have a single one. I became so confused as to why we even showed up to the place. My mom told me that even though we couldn't get one, they all still needed love. Every week after that we went and walked dogs. It was the next best thing to having one and I got a different one every time.

I started thinking about the cages and all the dogs when I saw it.

I saw the chains from the wall covered in a dark red tint. Blood. It was awful, but as my vision moved around I saw things I never wanted to see.

Meg was no longer in her chains, instead her clothes and shoes were on the ground. I started to breath deep when I heard her voice.

"Baby she's not good, but it's not what you think," my mother spoke softly.

"Where is she?" I asked back.

"She is being 'cleaned up'. Don't look over those air quotes."

Even chained to a wall she manages to make me laugh.

"Cleaned up for what?"

"They're going to make a move tomorrow night. They know where you all are. Be ready and don't underestimate them."

"Do they know you're a witch?"

She laughed weakly, "honey I know you're a vampire now, but the strongest part of you is still the witch."

"How do I use it?"

"Just keep practicing. Tomorrow night, be ready, now go back and practice."

My vision started to fade fast and I almost shouted, "I love you."

"I love you too," she spoke softly before she was gone.

I opened up my eyes to see a confused family of vampires.

"Where did you go?" Noelle's father stood up.

"I saw her," I knew I was smiling. Even though none of the things she said were good I saw my mother.

"What did she say? Did you find out where she was?" he asked.

"She said they're coming tomorrow night. They know where we are and they're getting Meg cleaned up," I stood up.

"Cleaned up?" Noelle asked confused.

"They're going to make a deal," her mother mumbled.

"A deal?" Noelle asked confused.

"Victor doesn't care about anyone. Not even his sons, if he is cleaning up Meg, he's trying to make a deal. He'll try to say her for someone else. If we don't agree he'll kill her or possibly someone else," her dad ran his hands through his hair and rested them on the back of his head.

"Honey, we have to tell Tom," her mother didn't move from her spot.

It was strange in that moment. It was clear she was in pain with her thoughts, but it was almost like I could feel it.

I went and sat down next to her and placed my hand on her thigh. I concentrated on her and then it happened again.

I saw Noelle laying on the ground in a pool of blood. Her shirt had a deep red spot right above her stomach. It was her favorite shirt. All Time Low signed by her idol Jack Barakat. She was breathing on even and getting paler by the second. I could hear her mom weeping. I looked down to see her hands covered in blood. When she looked up I saw her dad. His fangs were full out and blood covered his shirt.

He spoke softly, "we have to do it."

I snapped back to see her staring at me.

"Noelle never told you did she?" the tears were slowly coming down her cheeks.

"I never wanted to push her on it," I moved my hand to take hers in mine.

I never asked. I never wanted to know what actually happened to her. I also never asked where that shirt went. She wore that thing every week for a year straight before she moved. It was her good luck charm really. And she almost died in it.

Seeing the blood soaking into the shirt from underneath her gave me pain I didn't know I could feel. Even being a vampire, seeing the blood like that made me want to puke. She was my love and she almost died. Now Meg may die.

"She can't die. We can't let Meg get hurt," I stood up speaking clearly.

Her father turned to me, "no one is going to kill her. Not on our watch."

I looked to Noelle as she watched her mom.

"What now?" I asked.

"We fight."

A/N:
Hey guys! Sorry this one was a little late, but it's nice and long! I hope you're ready for a fight! ❤️