Chapter Six

A vampire. Noelle was a vampire. Are those even real? How did this happen? Is that why she left? All the questions where flooding my brain. I became mute as her mother rid me of my clothes and helped me get cleaned up and into new ones. Part of me was embarrassed that her mother was taking care of me like this. The other was scared of what could happen. Obviously Noelle's mother was a vampire and so was her father. I wanted to run, but I think my body knew before my mind that I was safe.

Safe. I'm in a vampire house I know I sound crazy, but Noelle's mothers eyes never grew dark while she helped me undress. She stayed calm and did the motherly thing. I also thought back to all the years I'd known her. She never gave me one reason to be scared. She was like a mother to me and when she saw I was scared the first thing she did was protect me.

My thoughts on Noelle at the moment. They were scattered. My best friend, the girl I was falling for was a vampire. A girl that I trusted with my whole life was ready to bite me.

I didn't want to lose her though. No matter how scared I was, I wasn't losing Noelle again. Not on my life.

"Ally, you're all clean and I cleaned Noelle's closet," her mother spoke softly.

I looked up from her bed and watched her set a glass of water next to me.

"I'm going to go talk to Noelle for a moment, then I'll send her up here. Are you okay to talk to her?"

I nodded fast sitting up. I was scared, but I needed to know.

I sat there and waited. I couldn't look at my phone. I couldn't move. All I could do was think about her. She was a vampire. I can't change that. But did I even want too?

"Ally," I heard her say from the top of the stairs.

I looked up and saw her twiddling at her thumbs. She was more nervous than I was. She grabbed her desk chair and sat it in front of me at the edge of the bed.

"Where would you like me to start?" she asked.

"How?" I found my voice and courage once we were at eye level.

"I think it's best if I start with how my parents are and how they found me."

I nodded scooting a little closer.

She took a deep breath, "first off I'm adopted. Once a vampire you can't have children. My parents are roughly 200 years old."

200.

"They are members of a clan that helps to keep vampires hidden and live in peace. They help fight against bad vampires who wish to take over the world and vampires who can't control themselves. They've been fighting for years and 5 years before we were born a huge war broke out and my father almost died. It made my parents realize that even though they would live forever there were so many things they hadn't done. So they came to America and adopted me."

"Where are they from?"

"Germany. I wasn't lying when I said I was in Germany the last three years. I only lied about what happened."

"Well what happened?" I got even closer to where my knees brushed hers. I wanted to know as much as I could.

"2 days after our kiss my mother got a call that my uncle had been killed by the war leader they tried to escape from. My parents decided it was time to take me to my family and teach me about the life I was soon going to be living."

"So you never knew?"

She shook her head, "never."

"How?"

"Well they never showed signs. You would be surprised at how we can blend into life. Especially after years of practice."

"But they eat all the time."

"We can still eat food. We just need blood to keep our bodies 'alive'."

"What about the sun?"

She held her hand up.

"Hundreds of years ago this gem was uncovered within the mines of Sweden. It has some special ability in it. I still don't understand how it quiet works. Not every vampire knows about it though. It's rumored through many families, but mine is one that was blessed to always have it."

I took her hand a little scared at my final question.

"How did you change?"

She took my hand in hers then pulled it up kissing it. It made me feel safe.

"A rule among my family is to never change anyone unless they are older than 18. It was going to happen just this past summer on my birthday. But last year a month after my birthday I got hurt. Victor broke into my home and as an attempt to hurt my parents he tried to kill me."

I squeezed her hand holding in my tears that threatened my eyes.

"They found me before he could finish me off. My family all agreed that no matter what the rule they wouldn't let me die. They kept telling me that I was the hope for the new generation of vampires. Weird right?" she laughed softly.

I laughed with her as some tears fell. She quickly wiped them away.

"Hey, I'm here though. I'm not going anywhere. I'm stronger than you can imagine," she squeezed my hand.

"How strong?" I rubbed my thumb across her knuckle.

She stood up quickly and picked me up with one hand holding me over her. It took her no effort what so ever.

"There's more where that came from, but I'm still training," she placed me down again.

"Is that why you called your mom?" I asked softly.

She looked down and took my hands interlocking our fingers.

"Yes, I was worried I'd hurt you trying to help you. I'm getting better, so much better, but it's hard to control yourself when you're a young vampire. I can hear the blood running through your heart right now and I want it, but I know it's wrong."

You would think I'd be scared. My almost girlfriend wants to eat me (and not in the good way), but I wasn't. She was trying for me. She was telling me a century old family secret. I trusted her.

"Hey, I trust you," I cooed.

She looked up smiling shyly, "you do?"

"Of course. You called your mom risking getting in trouble to make sure I was safe. By the way is she mad?"

"Soooo mad. My dads going to flip, but they trust you. They always have."

I laughed lightly and wrapped my arms around her waist resting my head on her shoulder.

"I've got a vampire girlfriend."

Oh god. I said girlfriend. We hadn't made it official.

"Girlfriend?" Noelle sounded overly happy.

"If you want," I was too scared to look.

"I'd love too." She kissed my head and I squeezed her.

"Since you're my girlfriend I should let you know," she leaned to my ear and whispered softly, "my sex drive and stamina is ridiculously high."