Alive

Your POV
    You rush towards Dan's room but you are stopped by a doctor right before entering. "Before you go in there, I must warn you not to make him talk or touch him more than a light hand resting on his arm. He is not awake at the moment and I encourage you to let him sleep while he can. He has 3 broken ribs, a broken wrist, fractured shoulder, sprained ankle, many small cuts and bruises, and his voice will be a little rusty for a month or two while his lungs recover." He said and then stepped aside, allowing Phil and I to enter the room.
    You cover your mouth and let out a quiet sob of joy and rush over to the bed. Phil follows closely behind. "Dan I love you and you're alive and that's amazing I never thought I would get to tell you that again..." You whisper quickly, mostly talking to yourself since Dan is sleeping. The heart monitor beeps loudly in the harsh quietness of the closed hospital room.
    Phil and you go onto opposite sides of the bed and each lightly grab a hand. Chairs are already positioned next to the bed so you plop down in one and lean your forehead against the bars of the sides of the hospital bed. You be already memorized each injury that you saw that the doctor didn't describe.
Cut over the left eye.
Bandaged right hand.
Stitches in the right side of his head.
Slightly ragged breathing.
    But the best thing you noticed about Dan was one thing: he was alive. Though his breathing was ragged and quickened, it was still there. The heart monitor beeped. That means he has a heart beat. That means he is a living, breathing human being and you almost lost him but not quite.
    You slow your breathing to match Dan's uneven, loud breaths. Turning your head to rest your cheek on the bar, you saw the most beautiful thing in the world.
Dan.
Smiling.
Awake.
Alive.
    "Hey beautiful." He whispered out in a ghost of a voice. "Hey Philly."
    You grin and Phil shakes his head with a laugh. "I hate it when you call me Philly."
    "I almost died so let me call you Philly. I almost lost both of you and fell into the deepest pits of hell." He pauses and wheezes in a deep breath. "I hear the food down there is horrible."
    All three of you laugh, Dan's being scratchy and almost silent. "You're laying here, almost dead, and all you want to do is make jokes." You whisper to him with tears in your eyes and a grin on your face.
    "I just have one question." Phil says in a stage whisper. "Why are we whispering?"
    "We can't be louder than Dan, duh." You smirk.
    Dan starts to speak but Phil holds up a finger. "I know you want to talk to us and I sure as hell want to talk to you, but I can tell that this is hurting you. Go back to sleep. We'll be fine and we aren't going anywhere."
     Dan nods and slowly rests his head back onto the pillow. He shoots you one last grin, showing his adorable dimples, before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.
     You sit there, not moving, for 3 hours. Suddenly, the heart monitor grows louder. The sounds in the hallway are now in your ears instead of 10 feet away. The bright, harsh, white walls begin to close in on you. "No!" You shout. "No no no no no!"
    Phil looks up, alarmed. You're spinning around, looking at all of the walls and thinking of a way to keep them from crushing Dan. They can't hurt Dan. They'd have to go through you first. Phil tries to calm you as you continue to wildly look around the room.
    Your feet slam onto the ground in quick succession as you sprint out of the room, down the stairs, and onto the street. Not even looking to see if Phil is behind you, you continue to run as far away from the whiteness and pain of the  hospital on the hill.

Hey pls go read my other story(School For Future Celebrities) because I would like to get some feedback but no one has really read it yet. It's got 3 chapters atm but I will be updating soon. Also, thanks for almost 7k views(holy shit how) that's amazing and it inspires me to continue writing since you like it. Once again, thanks guys!!!