They Forgot... Again...

I turned around and walked away. The party wasn’t to far from my house. It was a few miles but, I’m used to running miles. I started running. I got home in an hour. When I got home I got into comfy clothes and took off my make up. I started thinking of my plan. I was going to try every recording studio and about every magazine place I could find. I looked at job offers. I designed some new clothes. I did a lot of things. I even painted. I then wondered if someone would buy my paintings. I looked for cheep paint agents. I got all my information together and put it in order. I would figure it out more tomorrow. I woke up the next day and got breakfast and started getting my painting, singing, job, and car information together. By 6pm that night I had it all figured out even banking. I decided that Sunday I would call the paint agent. So the next day I woke up around 8 and I did my daily routine and then called the agent. He said he’s come look at my work. He was over at 12 and he looked at all my work and he said, “You’re good. I can get you a lot of money for some of these. In all you could be a billionaire in a few days. I understand your young but I will get you the money and there is no catch and you will only owe me 1,000 in all after we do the selling and I will try my best to get you as much money as possible. I thanked him and then he looked at his watch and said, “Okay, I can get buyers here in an hour. Go make yourself pretty.” I nodded and went upstairs I got ready in 30 minutes. I came back down and the house was set up nicely. I looked at my agent and he said, “Alright kid. The buyers are coming early so have your winning smile ready and get ready. Try to be friendly and kind but don’t talk to much. Also talk them up. Don’t make them think your the artist but, another buyer.” I nodded then the door bell rang and the agent went to answer it. I looked at my paintings and then another lady came over. I smiled at her and quite a few people came in. I talked some of them up and it was nice. Then the auction started and It was amazing what people were paying for my art work. I had 10 paintings and in all my profit was two billion dollars. I was surprised. All the people who got my painting left and wrote checks to me and I was so amazed. I then asked my agent to drive me to the bank. We were both really excited. I deposited all the money I got into my bank account. I paid my agent five thousand for getting me so much. I set up my whole account without my parents and no questions were asked. It felt good. My agent then dropped me at my house and I thanked him and he said, “Call me if you have any other work that needs to me sold.” I nodded and thanked him again. I then went into my house or my parents house and looked for boxes. I started packing up my things. My birthday was in 3 days and I’ve heard nothing from them. Well my mom texted me saying 4 weeks now. I packed up all everything of mine and oddly enough I was happy. All because of 6 missed birthdays I’m now a billionaire. I took my life into my hands. Later that night I heard a knock at my door. I answered and it was Jared, Brighton, and Sam. I asked them what they wanted. They all apologized for being jerks at the party. I told them it was fine and soon I’d be gone. Sam said, “Wait you and your family are moving?” “No not exactly. It’s more I’m moving without them knowing.” I said. “So you’re running away? Why?” Jared said. “Here come in and I’ll explain.” They came inside and we sat in the living room. “Okay so. This year I am alone again for my birthday. This is the sixth year in a row. So I took matters into my own hands and sold some of my painting and made some money. I’m getting my own car in a few days and if my parents do come home for my birthday then I won’t move away. They have 3 days. Then I’m gone. I know we just became friends but I’ve never really had any so this will be hard saying good bye. Sorry guys but thanks for being my friends for when I was here. It has meant the world to me. To be honest you are all very cute guys with lucky girlfriends. I’ll miss you guys so much. If you want can you help me pack after school tomorrow?” “I’ll come help.” Brighton said. “So I can’t” Jared said. “Same.” Sam said. I nodded and they left except for Brighton. He and I talked for a little bit then he turned on music and we danced and laughed. I had fun with Brighton. We then were laying on my bed. Talking. He then said, “My girlfriend broke up with me.” “Oh, I’m sorry.” I said. “It’s okay. it’s for the better.” I nodded. We talked for hours. I was then getting sleepy. He pulled me on to his chest and I could hear his heart beat. He kissed my head and I slowly fell asleep.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Tell me what you think about this story in the comments below or leave a suggestion for what should happen next or for a story idea. Vote to let me know how good this might be.

Thanks

--Mackie Lee