Brighton...

He kissed my head and I slowly fell asleep. I woke up at 5 the next morning. I then woke up Brighton because I realized we had school. I told him to go get his clothes. He reached for his back pack and pulled out his school clothes. I got a shower and put on my clothes then he got a shower. We got ready and I made us breakfast. We ate together. We then started walking to school. On our way there Brighton grabbed my hand and I said, “What was that for?” “Well while your here for a few more days we might as well make the most of it.” He said. “Okay.” I said and smiled. We held hands and walked and talked. School went by fast then he came back to my house and helped me finish packing. He said to me while holding both my hands and looking into my eyes, “I am sure going to miss your beautiful smile and face and heart. I’m going to miss you so much. I still remember that day I found you crying on the side walk. You know why she broke up with me. Because I told her I loved you. I wish you could stay longer. Or maybe I could come with you.” “Listen Brighton I love you to and have had a major crush on you since I started that school but I need to leave. I’m alone anyway and I never see my parents anymore. It’s like I don’t exist to them. With my dad I understand but my mom is always working. I need to move on and be something more. I would love if you came with me but I can’t ask you to do that. You have a family that loves you and needs you home. I grew up a few years ago. I needed to. I want you to and if you can convince your parents to let you come with me then be my guest I’d love to have you aboard. Just ask them. We will tomorrow. I only have 2 days and I’m getting my car Wednesday. Sound good.” I said. He nodded yes. We got into our pjs and went to bed. We woke up the next morning and did basically the same thing. The school day went by super fast. We then went to his house. His parents knew me. We then all sat down in his living room Brighton said, “Listen Mom and Dad. Acadia is moving out by herself and I want to go with her. She said that if I get your approval then I could go with her.” “Son you know that living on your own is a huge responsibility. I know you want to be a grown up but you and I and your mother know that Acadia is different and comes from a different family. I want you to finish high school. Acadia is a genius and not that you aren’t smart Brighton but she knows what she’s doing.” His father said. “I agree with your father. It is a huge responsibility plus you would need to drop out of  high school and get a job. Also you’re only 16. So is Acadia but she already has this figured out. Also what if you realize you don’t really like her anymore. Sorry Acadia but it’s high school it happens. It’s hard living on your own for the first time and you have your brother and sister. Just finish high school. Then you can decide what you want to do.” His mom said. “”Okay. I see your point. I’m not ready. I know I’m not.” Brighton said. “Hey it’s okay Bri Bri. If you want to try it during the summer you can with me after I get settled. Your parents are right though. You should stay and finish high school. I’ll miss you so much Brighton.This is for the best. I promise. Plus I won’t be gone for a few more days. Tomorrow’s my birthday so it’s possible I won’t be leaving.” He nodded and we hugged. He then walked me home and he kissed me. It was really romantic. I kissed him back. He hugged me one last time and then walked back to his house.  My parents had one day left. Later that night before I fell asleep, I got a call from my mom. It was a butt dial. I listened and she said, “Hey baby. I’m so glad I get to see you.” “Come here sugar.” “Do you want another child?” “Yes” “Good. I sorta feel bad for missing Acadia’s birthday for the second time. She’ll be fine.” “I trained her myself. She should be fine. Plus she’s very smart. I don’t feel bad for breaking my promise to her.” “What promise?” “It was that I would come home and be with her on her birthday.” “Oh gottcha. I mean she’s a big girl. It’s not like we’ve missed her birthday like 4 times in a row. Now are you ready to have some fun?” “Oh yea baby” I hung up the phone a started crying. I couldn’t believe my parents. I knew they weren’t coming home. The next day I got up early and Brighton surprised me with breakfast. I thanked him and we ate. Then headed off to school. All of his guy friends were telling me happy birthday. I thanked them and when we got to lunch he brought out a cake and everyone was singing to me. I smiled and hugged and thanked him. He put a crown on my head and I giggled then he kissed my cheek.

____________________________________________________________

Vomment! Tell me what should happen next, if you like/didn't like it, another idea for a story, and/or when I should update.

Thanks for reading

--Mackie Lee