Recording, Editing, Choosing

My mom was crying and said to my dad, “What have we done? We drove away our only daughter who can be who knows where doing who knows what. I feel sick and horrible. I never meant for it to be this way. I never knew her birthday meant so much and that we’ve missed it 6 times. I wasn’t a mother to her. Oh God I feel horrible. My baby’s gone.” “Listen we can ask the neighbors where she is if they know. We will find her. I promise. We need to apologize for not being good parents. I wasn’t a good father either. I never tried to talk to her. I never realized how much she always tried to make us proud but we never paid attention. Oh if I were her I’d probably do the same. She’s smart I’m sure she’s fine but I want her to know I’m sorry.” My dad said. “Alright lets go ask the neighbors.” A few minutes later I saw them walk in and start packing a bag. I look at Jake and say, “They are coming for me. They don’t know exactly where I am. I’m going to go get my bag ready for my weeks stay at Fearless thank you for the dinner and everything. Bye.” I went to my apartment and got my bag together and then went to bed. I got up early the next morning and took a shower then grabbed my things and went to Fearless. I took my car and picked up the guys. When we got there Mr.Tomson was waiting and we followed him to the “Basement” It was a recording studio area and it had 5 beds in another room attached to it. I put my stuff on a bed and then Mr.Tomson said, “Okay you all will be in here for a week. You should have everything you need. If you need more food and drinks then call Dave. Got it. Alright good luck and record some songs for me. I’ll check on you guys randomly. Now get to work.” Mr.Tomson left and the guys and I sat on the couches and I pulled out my few notebooks and a fresh one and some pens and pencils. We all shared our song ideas and the guys had their guitars out and bass and an acoustic drum thing and we came up with some acoustic songs and some not acoustic. I wore down basically everything. We then recorded vocals on one flash drive for each song then each instrument then we all went in together and recorded it. Then another one without vocals but them all in the same room playing together. We then had Graham who was great at editing and putting together tracks he got all of the files and started with our first song. He did all of the single tracks and overlapped them and it sounded good then we listened to the one where we were all in the same room. We decided that the over lapping method works best. So we recorded a few more songs then ate then wrote more then took a break. I went out on the screened in deck and listened to the birds. I then got a call I answered, “Hello?” “Hi hunny it’s your mother. We are in San Diego and we wanted to come see you and talk to you.” “Mom I can’t I’m in Fearless Records with my band and we are here for a week working on our new album and I will be in here for a week but go to my apartment complex and buzz on Jake and Mason’s buzzer and tell them who you are and I’ll tell them to let you in. They have a key to my apartment. I’ll text you the address. We will talk in a week. Goodbye.” I texted them my address and told Jake and Mason what was going on. They understood. I then went back to peace and quiet and wrote some more. “Acadia I think we should do a few acoustic songs just incase. Along with some covers.” Tyler said. “Sounds great!” I said. I got up and walked back inside. We recorded some of the songs we already recorded but acoustic style and then we did some covers. We then stopped for the day and ate some dinner then went to bed. I slept in till 9 then got up. I got the boys orders for breakfast then called Dave. We got our food in an hour and I woke up the guys. I thanked Dave. We all ate and talked. Then after we finished Mr.Tomson came in and said, “Good Morning my new favorite band. Do you guys have anything for me?” “Yes we actually have a lot of things.” I said and smiled. I gave Mr.Tomson a hug and said good morning. He told me to call him Jayden. After we had our little chat we showed him the music. “Wow! You guys are hard workers. I’m proud. I know you have a lot more but I think we should narrow it down. I think we should keep number 1,2,4,6,7,8,12,15,17,18,20, and 22. Also keep all the acoustic. I know you have more songs and I want you to record all of them. Alright but put all of those on a drive then give it to me. I’ll be back in 5 hours.” Graham first got the drive together then labeled it. We then finished all the writing of all the songs then recorded them all and then acoustic. We didn’t get to record all of the songs in one day but by the end of the week we had a ton of songs and we were ready to release our single. I did end up talking with my parents and they apologized and I said if it weren’t for them I wouldn’t me a billionaire and a musician. We made up and went our separate ways. We released it and it was on many different radio stations and we then went on a radio tour. I did a lot of interviews solo or with Graham or Jared. It was fun and we answered every question and had some funny moments and they asked us about tour and we said that we had no idea when we were going on tour but our album would me coming out soon. We traveled all over the place and we had a lot of fans already. A few hundred thousand. I never told you what happened with my parents. We talked and told me they were having another kid and that they were sorry. I told them congratulations and then I didn’t really forgive them. They left and that was that. Now back to the tour. I signed and took pictures and traded kik names with other people and talked to them. I was friends with my fans. I follow everyone of them. It was nice. Once the radio tour was over we went back to the studio and picked out the best tracks and called our album ‘Yesterday’s Past’ We all thought it was cool because the album’s called ‘Yesterday’s Past’ and our band name is Memories of Tomorrow. It just sounded cool. The album was released They day before Warped Tour started and We actually ended up preforming at Warped you and I got to meet so many bands and some bands that I love. I was told by a few of my favorite artists that they really loved my album. I thanked them and we all talked about doing collaborations and I might be doing some with BVB, SWS, PTV, and ATL. I was so excited. I got to sing Remembering Sunday with Alex on stage and Hold On Till May with Vic. I couldn’t be happier. Then later in the day Vic car up to me and said, “I recognize you from some where…