Chapter 1

"Hey Dudzy Budzy!!!!" yelled my one and only best friend since the age of 4 when he became my neighbor. I turned around and smiled brightly. "Hey Eddy, Teddy!!" I shouted back. We ran at each other with open arms and hugged for a good 5 minutes. I was so happy, "Finally, now I won't be bored these holidays!" I exclaimed as he had just come home from vacation. I ruffled up his ginger hair and laughed at the pale sight before me. Then I pulled him to my room and slammed the door shut before acting like a crazed fan-girl, bouncing up and down asking him how his holidays were.

He talked about all the adventures he went on and tried to make them funny with humorless jokes until I shushed him up by putting my finger to his lips. He looked confused until I pulled out a jar, shut all the curtains, and turned out the lights. The puzzled look on his face as he tilted his head trying to see what I was holding made me giggle, then the shock brought more giggles as I had pulled out a jar and within that jar were some glow worms.I had found them when I wandered the cliff side and found a cave. 

"Where did those come from?" he questioned. I smiled and said, "Tonight, I shall show you. Be ready to go out at about midnight." I then let him out to go home while I prepared myself for our new adventure. The thing was. It had been 13 years of us being friends and for the last 4 years, I had developed feelings for this cuddly, lovable guy. Tonight I wanted to create a romantic environment and admit my feelings.I was willing to risk anything. Tonight could mean a move on for our relationship or it could destroy it. I wasn't nervous. I was terrified.

It was finally midnight and I was super excited. We met out at the entrance of both of our houses. As you see, we were neighbors in a small town called Whitianga in New Zealand. Ed had moved from England and his accent was still strong, one of the many things I love about him. Anyway, we lived right outside town, our parents shared a farm together, and the beach was across the road. Bush surrounded the place and cliffs lined the beach. This one cliff however, I was wandering, along the edge, when I slipped and landed in a hole. I realized nobody knew it was here, you couldn't see it from the beach, ocean or from up top.

I took this opportunity to explore the cave and found glow worms, as well as a lake with the roof missing and deep bush surrounding it so nobody could go through. The next day, I went to see if I could and I have to have clippers and to crawl most of the way so yea I knew it was completely secluded. The roof on a clear night, sparkled with stars and thew moon which then reflected onto the water and so with the walls all lit up it was perfect. So peaceful and perfect. I had gone during the day to find the water so clear and deep and great to swim in.

 I had gone during the day to find the water so clear and deep and great to swim in

That is what the glow worms are like.

Imagine the glow worm cave walls with this lake in the middle

Imagine the glow worm cave walls with this lake in the middle. There is also a dock that goes out to the middle, so we lay at the end surrounded just like the couple in the boat.

Anyway back to the story...

We met up and I led him to the beach, where we walked along and admired the moon, the stars and the ocean glistening. I then realized we needed to hurry so I said, "Hey, wanna race to the log up ahead?" As he was deciding, I took off and yelled, "Hurry up chubs! I'm winning." That started him and so he ran after me. He caught up and grabbed me, before tickling me. All you could hear were the giggles that came from his mouth and the screams from mine. After he stopped, well after I admitted he was the best and sexiest guy ever, we walked up the cliff. By the time we were at the top he were both huffing and puffing.

I ran to the edge and said, "Quick follow me!" He looked surprised but followed me. This is what friendship trust is all about. We blindly climbed down the side of the cliff, until I jumped, landing perfectly on two feet, while I waited for Ed to catch up. Once we were both firmly set on the ground I put a finger to my lips and whispered, "Prepare to be amazed Sheerio." Before stepping out of the way and letting him be blinded by the glow worms. He gasped in amazement and slowly walked into the cave. I then took his hand and led him into the middle of the lake. He spun around in amazement.

I then opened my arms and stretched them out, before doing a slow spin and dropping to the ground where I lay and patted the ground next to me. He didn't even hesitate to lay next to me. I whispered, "Do you like it?" He looked straight into my eyes and whispered back, "Like it? Heck I love it!" I grinned and took a deep breath before sighing. I knew this had to be done. I propped myself up on my elbow and stared at his glorious freckled face that glowed in the light. I then closed my eyes and spoke, "Ed, I love you. I want to be more than friends. I just want to let you know that no matter what, I love you." He opened his eyes in shock before smiling and sitting up. It was then that he planted his lips on mine.

They were so soft, plump and smooth. Our lips moved in sync and he licked my bottom lip. I opened without hesitation and for what felt like a lifetime, we kissed. Our worlds stopped. It was just the two of us. We pulled away gasping for breath before laying back and me being securely held in his arms. I then spoke up and asked, "Are you my boyfriend now?" He giggled a bit and said, "Of course my love." After that we were stuck to the hip. We did everything together, like literally everything. Our friendship had advanced to a relationship. Both of our families were really supportive and shipped us. Especially Imogene, his mother.

At night we always snuck out and went to our special place, and he would sing to me. I kept telling him he would be famous and that if he ever forgot about me, I will kill him, before we came home at the crack of dawn. Nobody questioned it thankfully. But one night, I was thinking. Together we both wanted to make life so much more interesting so while he played Nigel, I wrote a book with a massive list of crazy things. It had trying drugs and alcohol to stealing to skinny dipping. One of the things resulted in getting arrested. In fact we got busted with drugs, stealing, and taking a street sign. Our parents would just shake their heads and turn their backs. They didn't care which I was thankful for. 

Then we decided to do number 27. Go to a party and get drunk and that is what we did. Until Ed and I got completely wasted and he disappeared so I went in search for him. I ended up tripping over my own feet and slipping down some concrete stairs, before I bashed my head hard on the ground. I remember seeing blood, my blood and hearing the screams of people before I blacked out. What was meant to take us 3 months took us a week.