Epilogue

Well guys this is the end. So I actually don't know if this will be a long one or a short one but I am just gonna keep writing until I come to an end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ed's pov

It has been 10 years since Rachel died. I still loved her deeply and every night for the past ten years I have read her letter out to Ellie and I. God Ellie looks so much like her mum. Every Sunday Ellie and I walk to Rachel's grave stone and place a bunch of flowers and just spend time with her.

I miss her and wish she could watch the way Ellie touches people and hear how she sings. Heck Ellie has got an album out and loves to play piano. We have the perfect father and daughter relationship. Ellie really wants to meet her mother but is accepting of the fact that she will have to wait years.

I retired from singing 4 years ago as I wanted to focus on my daughter. Every year I take Ellie to our cave and we spend time together. I knew Ellie wanted a mother and sure I have tried dating, but things just never seem to work out.

Rachel was legendary, so many mourned for her death and people still do. Her music is so famous and powerful. Her legacy is going to be spread throughout many generations. An organisation opened up to help support those with cancer.

That's when I saw her. The most beautiful women ever was walking along the street across from me. The way she walked, dressed, just everything reminded me so much of Rachel. So I walk over to her and stop her. She smiles as she recognises me and we start to talk. Next thing I know, she is my girlfriend and Ellie's best friend. I knew that she was my second chance of having true happiness. She knew I was still hurting from Rachel and she accepted that.

Now here I am standing at the alter as I watch my flower girl, Ellie and my beautiful bride walking up the aisle. Tears spring to my eyes as I could not believe it. I swear I saw Rachel in the crowd smiling, pride within her and I soon felt that pride as I kissed my new wife.

Now I am 90 and on my deathbed. My wife had already passed on and I knew that now was my time. My kids, grand kids and even great grand kids filled the room. So much love was present and I could not have been prouder. I had raised 7 kids and had 29 grandies and 14 greats. They all were successful in whatever career they chose.

We then started to sing one of Rachel's songs as I saw the light and was greeted by not only my wife but Rachel. She hugged me and told me she was proud to have known me. It turns out that Rachel and my wife were actually cousins. I looked around at the scenery and smiled. I was truly happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well guys I genuinely did not think this epilogue would be short but it's finished. It's funny really, this story peasant to touch people and make them cry. It wasn't meant to end so happily and pleasantly but I guess things change.

Love you all

Vote

Comment

Share

Xxx

Rachel