Chapter 23

The patrons of the bar sneered and chuckled under their breaths in response to Jayce and Jemza's confused looks. The woman who welcomed them laughed lightly as well stepping forward once more. She wedged herself in between the duo and draped an arm around their shoulders. With an ever so slight amount of pressure she urged them forward further into the bar.

"Cutpurses, thieves, brigands, robbers...you'll find all kinds here my friends. It's nice to see new faces." The redhead said, the yellow exclamation mark still glowing brightly above her head. Jayce couldn't help but feel a bit strange about this whole situation. NPC's typically followed set algorithms and speech paths. However, this woman seemed alive and not just a simple computer program. It reminded him of the woman and little girl they met in Horunka.

"Where exactly is here?" Jemza's voice drew him out of his thoughts and the woman stopped guiding them lifting a hand to her face in disappointment.

"How incredibly rude of me. I was so lost in the excitement of meeting you that I forgot basic pleasantries. This is called the Infiltrator's Den located just a bit underneath the central plaza or Urbus. My name is Rose Vermilion and I guess you could say I run this little hole we call home."

"It looks...friendly." Jemza muttered the words and Rose laughed loudly putting her arms around the pair once more.

"Looks can be deceiving. You have nothing to fear while you are here. A member of the family will always find save haven in the Infiltrator's Den." Rose guided them further into the bar past the tables where other members sat. She led them towards a door near the back of the room.

"The family? You mean the Thieves Guild?" Rose let them go and opened the door which led into a small office of sorts. A Table, chairs, and various bookcases lined the wall within. She motioned for them to enter politely.

"One in the same." Jemza and Jayce looked at each other before crossing into the room. Rose closed the door behind her as she followed and moved around them until she stood behind the table.

"And you want us to be part of the guild?" Jemza looked down at the wooden chair next to her, but remained standing for now.

"You found your way here didn't you? You made the bond of blood on the seal. Are you saying you are not interested?" Rose's face turned downcast. She seemed saddened greatly at the prospect of the pair not accepting her offer. Again, Jayce kept thinking that this NPC was far more advanced than should have been possible. Over and over he had to keep looking at the cursor above her head confirming she wasn't a player.

"We don't know exactly what it is you do. Or if we would even be of value to you." The redhead looked at Jayce in response to what he said. She came around the table slowly and placed her hands on his breastplate. He swallowed hard staring into her bright green eye, too stunned to move.

"Mmm, I think you would definitely be of use. I see nothing that would make me believe you would not be of value. Then again, it's not like I can see everything you have to offer...yet." Her hands ran around his side where the leather armor laces were. She ran her fingers over them touching his body in between each lace.

"Enough!" If he was stunned before, the anger on Jemza's face froze him solid. The white haired girl now stood directly beside Rose threateningly. Was Jemza jealous? Jayce shook the thought from his head as quickly as it popped in. Jemza never gave off any indication that she held some sort of romantic feelings for him so jealousy couldn't be it. Rose lowered her hands and turned facing Jemza, standing toe to toe with her. After a few seconds the redhead giggled and held her hands up in surrender.