Chapter 29

Back home in the States Jayce knew a few people who had orthopedic body pillows. It was something he hadn't really thought much about until coming to Japan. In Japan they almost seemed like a top commodity. Dakimakura, as they were called in Japan opened his eyes to a whole different culture. While still remaining true to being a body pillow, most had various characters printed onto each side of the pillow. Usually this consisted of anime characters in, more often than not, compromising poses. Coming from the Midwest United States, Jayce found it hard to understand how anyone could feel comfortable using a dakimakura.

The lewd printings of anime characters aside, he now was understanding the draw of a body pillow. There was something comforting about being able to wrap your arms around a large, soft pillow. Maybe he had been too quick to judge people who used dakimakuras in the past. If he had known they could be this relaxing to cling to then perhaps once he was out of SAO he would have to consider buying one. Preferably one without the erotic anime printing on it. The only real problem that came to mind right now as he shifted his head was that there weren't any body pillows in SAO.

Jayce's eyes opened wide and he could physically feel his heart pounding against his ribs. There was no such thing has body pillows in SAO, or at least not on these lower floors. If they didn't exist, then what exactly was he holding onto right now? His hand was resting just ahead of his face. The fact that he could feel his head and see his hand move up and down ever so slightly continued to amplify his fears. This of course was also because he could see strands of white hair covering his hand and arm.

"No..." The terror in his mind came out as a verbal whimper. There was only one origin of white hair that Jayce was aware of. Given that his head and hand rested on something very soft covered in a white t-shirt he knew that pain would be coming soon.

"What is this? I slept in my own room didn't I? This doesn't make any sense!"

"Hey, what are you doing in my room?" Jemza's voice pulled him from his thoughts and he tensed up reflexively. This was her room? It was possible since all the rooms looked the same, but when did he go into her room?

"This isn't possible; I couldn't enter her room without her letting me in. The doors are locked. Did I go to her room at some point? Why can't I remember?"

"I know you're awake. You've got three seconds to explain why you're in my room and why your hand is touching me there." Panic swept through Jayce's mind as he tried to piece everything together last night. He didn't remember anything past falling asleep in his own room. What else had happened that he didn't know about. Were parts of it just a dream? What about the things she said in the middle of the road in the rain, was that just a dream?

"This is impossible! Did I somehow get into her room last night? The game wouldn't allow that though right? I'm going to die aren't I?" As slowly as he could he lifted his hand off her body.

"Please don't kill me." It was the most pathetic sounding voice he ever heard come from his lips, but given that this was equally the most confusing situation he'd been in, he couldn't help it.

"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am Alchemist, but if you think you can just sneak into my room and take advantage of me, you are dead wrong." She wasn't using his name which meant she was mad. Was everything last night just a dream? Maybe he dreamt of her confessing her feelings to him and he went to her room not fully aware it had just been a dream? That didn't explain getting into her room though.

"No, I didn't I swear! I can't even get into your room without you letting me in." He didn't have the courage to look up at her and instead buried his head. He felt her take in a sharp breath and hold it for a second.