Chapter 28

December 7th, 2022

"If you had just been obedient this wouldn't have happened. Now, you'll pay the price for what you've done."

"Leave me alone!"

"Hold her down. After we're done here, you'll wish you were dead too."

The clock in her peripheral vision showed that it was only two in the morning. After rolling onto her side, Jemza reached up and brushed her hair back out of her face. She opened her mouth and took in a large breath of air before releasing it all at once. These dreams were becoming more frequent than she cared for, but at least this time it made more sense. After what happened with Jayce, this had been on her mind heavily so naturally it had the possibility of leaking into her dreams while she slept.

There were no lights in the room, but thanks to the game's natural night vision she could still see everything clearly albeit in darker hues. They had staying in the same inn as last night after eating dinner together. The whole evening had been an awkward mess and neither had said much to each other after her sudden confession. It had been a good kind of silence though. They were both simply too embarrassed to say much of anything to one another. In truth, it still amazed her that she could have such strong feelings after such a short amount of time.

Kicking both her legs frantically the blanket flew off the bed and she sat up in frustration. The thought of sleep right now was a bit frightening and it was still far too early in the morning. Fatigue wavered in the corners of her brain, but even looking down at the bed made her heart pick up the pace. She slapped the bed with her hand and pushed herself up and off the edge until she stood next to it.

Moments later she found herself in front of the mirror staring at her own reflection. She pressed the inventory buttons until she removed her clothing. She couldn't deny that the underwear clad avatar she saw in the mirror was attractive. Her skin was smooth and her hair never seemed to tangle. She turned sideways and couldn't help but smile slightly. Even the curves of her body seemed far too perfect. At least here in Aincrad, she felt beautiful, and no one could take that away.

"I wonder what he thinks." As she finished the sentence out loud she instinctively felt like her temperature had risen and saw her face in the mirror shift from pink to deeper shade. The games ability to mimic physical changes to emotions was beyond amazing. He was clearly attracted to her, but now there was the unanswered question of how they should act around one another. Would they go one like nothing had happened, or were they now stuck stealing awkward glances at one another.

They met each other December 1st, not even a full week ago. Why had she felt so drawn to him so quickly, and in turn was it too fast for him? What if he thought she was the type of girl who became attracted to men quickly, but without much real emotion behind it? In her own mind she knew this wasn't the case. Especially since she had never even had a boyfriend, but from his point of view it was completely understandable that he might come to that conclusion. He hadn't even properly responded to her confession before the <<System>> engaged. Did he love her back?

Jemza turned back towards the bed and fell on her knees throwing her face down onto the soft mattress. She was trapped in a game where death meant dying in the real world. Every day could be filled with danger fighting against countless type of monsters and creatures. The time it would take to be released from this game would take years at an optimistic pace. Yet, right now her primary concern was completely centered around a love life she never anticipated.

The day she took the Nerve Gear and quickly got connected to the game's servers had been a means to escape reality. Even if just for a little while she wanted to see a different world, and live as a different person. She was probably one of the only people here that thought of this prison as a blessing. She had planned to become someone else for as long as she was here. To live a happy and exciting life within the confines of SAO. At least for as long as it lasted that is.