(WoW) Varian- Heart Of The Ghost Wolf

Requested by: Varian_kitty_wrynn
-------------

The sapphire firmament had shards of clouds floating about, the sun had risen a few hours ago and already it was a temperature unbearable, the land was scorching causing it to crack with heat and only vegetation, though very few were cactuses and unnamed dry grass, such was the unforgiving climate of the barren lands of Durotar.

Though further inland there were miles of desert, the land was connected to a sea. And upon those shorelines, lay unconscious a handsome young man of raven hair. She quietly watched him from a distance, even if the man stood up and looked around he wouldn't see her. But if he did saw her, would he attack her? He didn't seem to have any weapons with him but a short sword could be hidden or he could be a mage... who knows? But (y/n) couldn't seem to look away from him, what was so attractive about him? There were grains of sand scattered around his raven tresses, she wanted to brush them away and the way he had his eyes closed, no matter how strong or muscular he looked but now he seemed like a lost wolf pup who was tired and asleep.
A sudden movement from the man seemed to startle (y/n) out of her musings, she watched as he lifted his arm from the ground and stared at his own hand, maybe trying to confirm if he could move or he was alive. He slowly sat up slightly grimacing as he looked up at the sky, visibly surprised when he saw giant crocolisk emerge from the water and baring its fangs as the beast approach the man. The young man slowly stood up as he grabbed a stick nearby, he slowly began to circle the creature as it did the same. (Y/n) quietly produced an arrow in her bow but lowered the weapon when she saw a trio of orc men watching the battle from a distance and rambling something to themselves, laughing sometimes but not even taking a step to help the human.
"Cruel mindless beasts" (y/n) clenched her teeth and spoke under her breath, not sure if to the crocolisk or the orcs.
The crocolisk suddenly thrusted towards the raven haired man with its jaws open, but he wasn't surprised more like he expected it and placed the stick between its teeth preventing himself from injuries, then with great strength he smacked the beast on the sand as it turned over.
The beast grunted and stood up again, preparing itself to attack him. Judging from his condition, it was clear that he wouldn't last in this battle for too long against a grown up crocolisk, so (y/n) quietly aimed for the beast and instead of an arrow made from materials, she produced one made of pure mana...the one that would disappear as soon as it hit its target, she couldn't risk being seen and she shot the arrow just as the human attacked the beast. To make it appear as if he had killed the beast alone.

But little did (y/n) know, the fair warrior did notice that it was not his attack that killed his enemy, but it was from the maiden that hid behind the oversized rocks had saved him. Yes indeed he had noticed you. He even stared in awe as you quickly hid again as his gaze turned to your location, your long (h/c) motioning slightly and it hid with you.

The awestruck human was later approached by one of the orcs, you recognized him, he was a gladiator slave master Rehgar Earthfury. But what could he want from the human? Instead of leaving the place, you stayed and watched.
"What's your name stranger?" Rehgar looked at the human
"I...I can't remember... I don't even know how I..." the man was interrupted as the orc, much to your surprise and his, frost shocked him as he fell motionless...again. Rehgar ordered his lackeys to put the human in the cage and to leave quickly. Angrily glaring at them, you decided to follow them since stepping could get yourself killed or worse caged.

After quiet a few hours, Varian was brought to Ogrimmar arena. He quietly sat on a wooden bench, as his cell mates Broll and Valeera fought at a distance. Varian was used to this, he worried about how he got here and his mysterious savior, he didn't really get to see her face but however she was he seemed to have fallen for her. Varian sighed and placed his head on his palms and quietly stared at the ground, pondering to himself.
As unexpected it was, he suddenly looked up from a sound of footsteps. The raven haired man realized that the elves were gone and a mysterious hooded woman had entered the room, and now she was approaching him...the way she walked as if the controlled moves of a dancer, the way her (h/c) hair moved as if a subtle curtain over her enthralling body.
Varian cleared his throat as the woman lifted the hood and he recognized her, but before he could say anything she interrupted him "are fighting in the arena?" the woman asked, a melodic and comely voice
"Yes, why do you ask my lady?" He couldn't remember if he always spoke in such mannered ways but it earned him a chuckle from her
"My lady? Heh, most courteous of you...but would you greet your death so politely?"
"If my death were as pretty as you, then of course"
"I'm flattered...glad to know you're a warrior, because you will need your fighting skills"
And with that she suddenly attacked him, of course he defended himself but he least expected it to happen this suddenly.
Picking up his swords he shot a glare at her as her dagger rested against his sword
"Whatever you're up to, is not a very good idea" he warned her, but she didn't stop. (Y/n) grunted and swung both of her daggers but were effectively blocked by the raven haired warrior. They fought each other for a while, the sounds of steel clashing against steel suddenly stopped when the human grabbed hold of her hand and angrily pushed her against a wall, standing close to her and holding his sword against her neck, not realizing how uncomfortably close they were now.
Heavily breathing, Varian glared at her with his teeth bared in anger but soon that died out when he noticed the distance between her and him was scant, his face flushed as she turned her head to look at him...her face directly a few inches away, he could kiss her if he leaned a little more.
"...h-have you a-a name?" Her voice stuttered, she was blushing as well
"...I-I d-don't q-quiet remember it...! But they've c-come t-to call me...c-croc-bait" he blushed even more, the female chuckled before gently pushing away the sword on her neck, leaning towards him and softly placing a kiss on his cheek, lingering a few moments before she pushed him back and walked away "we will meet again Lo'gosh" she said before disappearing behind the door she came from.
Varian stared at the doorway, surprised and confused unable to make any sense of what happened, he felt as if he was in a dream. Her aura of enigma lingered a few more moments before the human smiled "if I ever escape from this Rehgar, I'm looking for her first that I promise" he spoke to himself.

It seems like a week or more that they were under the imprisonment of Rehgar but now, now they're finally free. Wish he could say the same of Valeera, the poor girl was sold to a gladiator mistress named Helka Grimtotem to be in an all female guild who fought in the arena.
Only Varian and Broll managed to escape by a brave hippogryph named Sharptalon, he brought them to the borders of Ashenvale forests. The dawn was almost upon them, the hippogryph was injured and the night elf druid tented to him, as Varian decided to walk around the forest he needed to think.

Quietly thinking to himself, he felt as if he was saved again when the orcs chased them on their way to these forests. And he was pretty sure it was that woman again, whenever he'd think about her, the images of that sly but still innocent smile would appear before his eyes and the way their eyes were locked with each other as he awkwardly introduced himself to her...the way her warm, soft lips pressed against his face. A shiver would go down his spine when he recalled those moments, only regret he ever had was he never called her back and watched her leave from that door.
"What was that?..!" Varian quickly turned to look at a nearby tree, he was sure he heard a twig snap. Drawing out his swords he cautiously neared the tree, passing it he slowly approached another.
Just then he felt a pull and next thing he realized was that his back rested on the trunk of the tree, and the person who pinned him against it was none other than his lady savior.
"You!" Varian said in surprise, smiling
"And I've pinned you today!" She noted, playfully holding a dagger against his neck, imitating the way he cornered her on Ogrimmar.
They both laughed and looked at each other
"It's good to see you again... have you a name?" Varian shot her the very same question she asked him
"I wish I had your very same answer Lo'gosh, but call me (y/n)" she chuckled
Varian smirked as he gently held her wrist and put it down from his neck, his arm coiling around her waist as he pulled her closer, she gasped at this sudden closeness
"But I'm just as pleased to hear that answer, (y/n)" he whispered before capturing her lips.
(Y/n) froze for a moment before reaching up to him and caressing his gaunt cheeks and gently kissing him back....

~~~
(Author's note)
What's up beauties! It's been a long time since I updated! also shoutout to Varian_kitty_wrynn < this awesome person told me about the Warcraft comics and I never read the Warcraft comics before and she being such a sweetheart provided me with multiple links!where I could read and know about Varian's gladiator days. Thanks again Varian_kitty_wrynn !.
Without the comics, all I knew was that Varian used to be a gladiator (until he took an arrow in the... ok never mind).
If you guys are still reading my book then I greatly appreciate it (you guys are awesome!) and yes before anyone points out, I know Varian Wrynn got the name "Lo'gosh" after he won a match in the arena but I've changed the lore here (what's a fanfic if there's nothing for a fan like me to change? :P ), let's imagine the reader calls him that since she already felt like that about him and that's sweet and romantic! Thanks for reading this story! Have a great day beautiful! :3