(Skyrim) Veezara- Secrets Of Shadowscale

Requested by: FrostyMew
———————
The Shadowscale argonians have a reputation for being stealthy and efficient killers. Let's just say they were infamous murderers of kings, emperors and leaders. How were they so skillful in this? That was everybody's question, even the most fortified, locked and secure places could not keep them back.
The Shadowscales offer their hatchlings to the infamous Dark Brotherhood to train them as killers. Normal children may grow up to learn how to make armor out of leather, or to make a knife out of iron. But Shadowscale children grew up to know how to kill someone even if they were covered in metal or another assassin just as experienced like them.
After the fall of the Dark Brotherhood, there was only one Shadowscale working under them. It was a male argonian called Veezara, even though he was soft spoken, his voice seeped with pride in his deadly and murderous art. The argonian was admired by the guild's leader Astrid, however the nord woman refrained from telling that to anyone.

Everything was perfect for them, the Dark Brotherhood maybe a shadow of their former glory but they were working with great effort to bring their former glory back to themselves. Until the second Shadowscale arrived.
"Are you certain that the old woman was supposed to be dead already?" Veezara asked, calm and cold as the evening breeze in Skyrim, it was clear that he was disappointed to travel this far and only to return without blood on his blade
"Otherwise why would... wait what?" Astrid shot a slight glare at him, trying to inspect if he was lying
"Perhaps we are late here" Veezara replied in puzzles "and someone perhaps stole our kill" he leaned back against the wall, his serpentine eyes inspecting the snowstorm outside.
Veezara wanted to laugh aloud when he saw the usual smug smile on Astrid's face die and her sly brows frown in worry
"I...I see... I believe I have to take care of this matter myself, watch over the Brotherhood while I'm gone, won't you" Astrid, as hard as she might try, she cannot hide the worry on her expressions. The nord woman left through the door even in this raging snowstorm and disappeared in the ivory winds.
Veezara, smiling to himself as he saw her leave, clearly he hid something from her and Astrid couldn't even come close to his lies
"A Shadowscale has their secrets" a smirk appeared on his scaly lips as he walked down the stairs and disappeared in the hallway.

The newest recruit, an argonian woman called (y/n) had been quiet the assassin in a few days of her recruitment. Astrid had started suspecting things, since (y/n) did tell her that she was but a poor mercenary trying to make a living but now Astrid suspected that there's more to her behind her white lies. (Y/n) even became friends with everyone in such a short time, especially Veezara, who was the most difficult to approach. Now Astrid just didn't feel strange but threatened and concerned with this female argonian. The assassin began to think of a plan.
Somewhere, outside the sanctuary, Veezara and the newest recruit had been conversing with each other. The weather had never been better and the surrounding never more fairer, it was as if the events had aligned just correctly to bring this moment today.
"I've seen you the other dear (y/n), how boldly you walked up to the hag and killed her" Veezara said, the emphasis on the word "hag" made him snicker "I cannot be that savage even if I wanted to" he looked at her (e/c) eyes, wondering something to himself afterwards
"Ah well, a killer gotta kill" (y/n) sarcastically replied, followed by a shrug
"There's something different about you however I can't place what it is" he kept his gaze into her eyes, Veezara smiled gently when he saw her becoming a little shy by his attention
"Maybe because I'm just the next argonian here other than you" her voice still sounding friendly, she hinted something in that sentence but she definitely didn't pick up the romantic hints Veezara maybe leaving now
"That maybe so" he walked towards her, leaning on the tree where she stood "but I've seen you acting, you are not like the others and you certainly cannot be the easygoing person you show you are" he was liking this conversation, seeing her happy sometimes and sometimes puzzled, made him intrigued
"I'd love to drop some of these poetic puzzles as well Vezara, but only if I could understand what you are saying" (y/n) slightly frowned but chuckled gently afterwards
"You are as mysterious as the marsh on a misty evening, as quiet as one in a night with a clear sky, and as intimidating as one in a storm" Veezara grew closer to her, his voice low and making it sound seductive "I can only guess what the answer will be, but my lady my answer will be so shallow than the deep meaning you hide in those serpentine eyes" he said as if narrated a love story, holding her hand in his and placing a kiss on it, not even breaking eye contact once.
(Y/n), heard him fondly, mesmerized by such words but yet so afraid to trust her heart with him even though all her heart wanted was now him.
The evening would've been sweeter if they weren't so abruptly interrupted by Astrid, the black sacrament has been performed and the void lord Sithis calls to his children for souls. To put it simply, a contract has been prepared for them and the need to kill arises.
However, luckily Veezara and (y/n) would be traveling and performing this mission together. Veezara had all the information and the contract with him, and (y/n) walking just a little ahead of him.
Everyone obeys Astrid's words and there is no room for disrespecting her, if done so, they will be hunted and killed. However, as Veezara laid his eyes on the contract and read the contents of it, it shattered his heart... he was supposed to kill the woman he just held hands with just a few moments ago.
"Is something the matter Veezara?" (Y/n) looked back at male argonian, unable to see his face due to the darkness
"Looks like we have a little scheme of our own to plan and ignore Astrid" Veezara replied, crumbling the note and ripping it to shreds easily with his claws
"Ignore? Have you gone mad?" (Y/n) frowned at him and stared at him, trying to comprehend what he just said
"I'll explain that later, but as you are a Shadowscale, I believe we have some greetings and meetings to fulfill of our own" Veezara slyly smiled, crossing his arms.
The female argonian wanted to keep that a hidden fact, but seeing him know this, didn't leave her a choice
"We shall spar first" (y/n) smirked and reached for her blades
"Of course, we will (y/n)".....