(WoW) Kael'thas- The Royal Soirée

Requested by: uh...quite a few people to mention just one person, you guys seem to love Kael'thas! Jokes aside, I hope you enjoy this chapter ^^
——————————
It was a rather calm day in Silvermoon, a lot less noise from arguments and fights were coming from the lonely corridor of his castle. It was pleasant for a change, but somehow it was indeed a little lifeless.
The prince's emerald eyes watched the contents of the old and decorated book on the wooden table. Kael's bejeweled and clawed fingers absently turning the pages, probably not even reading the book, his mind was somewhere else...or maybe on someone.
Kael'thas wouldn't even be here, but he was here on a special occasion and spending this auspicious time in extremely hot and demonic land of Outland wasn't a thought he enjoyed at all. So here he was, in his old home, Silvermoon.
The prince sighed and looked outside the window, there was still time for the evening to fall and his most trusted companion hadn't yet returned from a quest yet.
The door creaked open, his long ears twitched slightly at the sound but Kael didn't bother to look
"Ishnu'alah Prince Kael'thas and happy birthday" a familiar voice of a female, happily expressing her well wishes for him even though she isn't really known to be so cheerful
"Ishnu dal dieb Lady Liadrin and thank you" Prince Kael glanced at the blood knight and smiled, even though he was quite disappointed to find that she wasn't the one he was expecting at this moment.
However, seeing the moment becoming a little awkward, Prince Kael perked up and smiled charmingly "ah so, what brings you here today? Any news of the Mu'ru or perhaps anything particularly..."
"Yes indeed, I was talking with (y/n) a few while back and due to some problems she is facing to return from her quest, she sends her best wishes for you" the blood knight replied, interrupting Kael unintentionally
"Oh..." the prince looked a little hurt by her answer "she said that?" he asked again to be sure but much to his grief, Liadrin was sure
"Very well, you may leave, we shall meet again at the soirée this evening" Prince Kael thought something for a moment "I need to be alone for a moment...if you'll excuse me for a bit" he smiled and proceeded to leave the library, to his chambers. For some unknown reasons, the blood elven prince felt a little offended, even though this is not what (y/n) intended at all but perhaps he expected her to greet him on her own on his birthday, Kael perhaps holds her more closer to his heart than he realizes it to be.

Eventually the sun began to set and the palace had been decorated beautifully, almost near to perfection. The castle percolated with elegance, the interiors had been adorned with rare and fine gems, the sin'dorei singers sang as if angels on heaven's gate and the air had the sweet aroma of beautiful and mysterious flowers. Anyone would mistake the castle for a Quel'dorei abode if they didn't look too close, the blood elves did indeed loved and admired their prince.
Though everyone might be admiring this beautiful evening, the one in whom's honor these decorations were done, was not very happy. Prince Kael'thas stared outside, through his bedchamber's window and desperately searched for (y/n), praying that she returns before the royal party starts but even after quite a while, there had been no signs of her return. Disappointed and grieving, the sin'dorei prince sighed and walked downstairs from his chamber and to the grand ballroom.
Seeing him walk in, his officers bowed and greeted him. Offering just a smile in return, the prince sat down in his throne, his heart had never been this restless for someone before.

There were still a few hours left for the soirée to start, and (y/n) had been galloping on her horse to the castle. "Almost there..." she muttered as the castle appeared in her sight, a smile forming on her lips.
The sun had almost set, coloring the clouds in the horizon in fiery colors, slowly welcoming the night's embrace. The horse neighed and stopped before the castle, (y/n) gently patted the horse's head before rushing towards the castle. Normally, (y/n) was a very powerful warrior of Prince Kael'thas but being a humble or perhaps shy woman, she didn't like parties or gatherings since she didn't like to boast about her skills in combat or her rank. However this occasion was special, obviously it was her prince's birthday and missing it, would be something she'd dislike.
As the female walked in, she saw all the blood elf heroes, officers, nobles were prancing around in flashy gowns and ornamental masks that cover the upper parts of the face. (Y/n) sighed and put on her mask, since everyone was wearing it, she assumed it to be a requirement. Anyhow, by the moment she reached, Prince Kael was already giving a speech, she smiled to herself and stood a little closer to hear him.

"My lord, the party is about to begin, would you like to address something?" an officer of him asked
"Hmm?... oh, yes of course" Kael was a bit lost in his thoughts before he was pushed back into the reality and stepped towards his guests
"Beautiful citizens of Silvermoon, today, as you all have appeared in this soirée knowing that it is my birthday. However let us not see it as such for a moment, we have released our homeland from the dark grip of the Scourge and taken back what is rightfully ours" the prince suddenly felt a strange presence, a familiar one, his eyes looked around for a bit before he smiled to himself smugly and continued
"We are gathered here tonight to celebrate many good things
we are gathered here to celebrate life
we are gathered here to celebrate happiness
a brighter future , and a new golden age for the sin'dorei, kindness and compasion
let this be a moment of rejoice , laughter and jests
let this be a moment of friendship , familiarity and love. Glory to the sin'dorei"
Prince Kael'thas concluded, with a moment of silence, a rain of applause came from the crowds. The prince nodded and left the scene, he had spotted her.
Everyone went back to dancing and merriment, as (y/n) walked away from this crowd to a quieter place. With the blood elven prince following her, much to her unawareness.

(Y/n) appeared in a quiet and dark corridor, pretty far away from the bustling ballroom. The place maybe dark but gracefully illuminated with the full moon's light, it was peaceful here.
As the female calmly stood there, admiring the beauty of the night, she heard a familiar voice
"Couldn't even be bothered to wish me on your own now? Have I grown that inferior, oh hero of Azeroth!" A hint of sarcasm looming in that statement
"Prince Kael!" (Y/n) smiled as the prince stood beside her, his peaceful and somewhat manipulative gaze locked with her own "I would've wished you on my own but I assumed that it might take a long time to return..." she trailed off as she found her back against the wall and Kael'thas close to her, too close to be comfortable. The prince proceeded to remove the mask on her face, revealing her beautiful face and (e/c) eyes
"If I have offended you... I deeply apologize" (y/n) stuttered as she felt Kael's touch on her face, as he eventually turned her face to him, smiling seductively
"Aww aren't you adorable, I wasn't offended... not even a little" he replied, quietly, almost as a whisper and slowly he met his lips to hers.
Letting her go after a few moments, he softly caressed her cheek, with a soft laughter (y/n) said
"how did you know through this mask, that it was me?"
"Love can indeed be a strong bond..." he replied, making her quite surprised, as he reached to her ear, he whispered
"now, I believe we have business to attend to... won't you wish me happy birthday (y/n)?" Kael smirked, making the female blush.
It was indeed Prince Kael's birthday, but it was the day when this beautiful union was born as well.......