(WoW) Anduin- Stay With Me, Beloved

Her softly glowing eyes watched him. The kind, gentle and the perfect embodiment of light. He was the only son of King Varian Wrynn and the prince of Stormwind. But most importantly he was her friend and the only person who stood beside her on her hardships and sorrows, he smiled and laughed with her. He was her shoulder to cry on, he was her shield when she would fall defenseless. He was Anduin, the next in line to be king but to her, the savior who kept her from being consumed by her own demons.

"You seem so happy today my friend..." she thought to herself as she held a tear back. (Y/n) simply stood at a distant corner, away from the busybodies and smiled to herself as he spoke with people and just being busy for a very special occasion that was due in a week.
(Y/n) felt a little jealous, was he really this busy that he didn't even glance at the woman who is eyeing him for several moments? Or did she didn't matter anymore?. The female stopped there, those thoughts would only bring her more melancholy and after what she was prone to, she didn't wanted it...not in such an auspicious time for her friend.
But seeing him from afar and knowing that Anduin wasn't really looking or acknowledging her presence was a little troubling for (y/n), so she decided to walk up to him and have a quick conversation.

"Greetings my prince, if you have a moment I'd like to converse with you" she said, curling up her lips in a smile
"Oh (y/n)! It is indeed a pleasure to see you here, but as far as you are aware...I am really busy for the preparations of the Midsummer Festival. If you don't mind, may we continue this conversation later on?" Anduin replied smiling, not even a hint of rudeness or immaturity in his voice, how can someone stay so calm and polite when it's clearly a rather irritating and busy situation?.
"Oh of course not, and I might have forgotten a task, we shall meet later then" the female quickly replied, her cheeks flushing a little
"Have a good day my friend" he nodded his head and walked away, his strides of a leader and a rather un arrogant prince, unlike most.

(Y/n) smiled unknowingly, but when she realized that she was daydreaming she laughed to herself and walked away. Although, the prince Anduin was the kindest in declining her wish to converse, (y/n) couldn't help but feel a little saddened. Was it because of the declining? Not entirely true, it was such a simple matter it couldn't have. It was a simple paranoia in her heart that had made its place when Anduin and (y/n) were merely ten or thirteen. The female still shudders at the thought of her childhood. (Y/n) walked out of the town to a cliffside, just to calm herself with the tranquil sound of the lake and the wind that had a harmonious existence in this place. She sat down on the edge of the cliff, hugging her knees and praying that the thoughts of her past never appear in her mind. But she couldn't help it, it was as if a ghost, bound to return and haunt her for eternity.

(Y/n) still remembers that she was but a child of six when she heard the agonizing screams from her village in Ashenvale. The burning legion had attacked, but she was away at the lake with her brother. They both stopped picking flowers and ran for the village, but by the time when she arrived it was all gone and her only family that stood with her at that moment was killed by an infernal. They say that nobody remembers what happened at the age of six and even if they do, it's so vague that they barely make something out of it. But that was not in her case, the images of how her brother was mutilated by the burning demon, of how the wooden houses burned in front of her eyes and the very place that she called home, burnt to ashes, were carved in her mind. Never to be forgotten...never to be forgiven.

The night elven woman would've ended her life or become a demon hunter if she didn't meet Anduin. The child (y/n) was saved by a few Alliance soldiers and was bought to Stormwind, where she met the prince Anduin. Even though he was just as young as her, he spoke like a wise person, one who had seen many lives. He gave her hope and helped her walk out of her trauma...but only for a short amount of time.
As (y/n) would always follow Anduin, his friends would tease the night elf often. Having to never see an elf, they'd make fun of her ears and how awkward her eyes were.
Anduin the prince who believed in most righteous path to solve problems without any kind of violence, he however, would resort to such if he saw (y/n) hurt. Violence and fighting that he would never do, but for her, the prince would do anything.
It gradually came to be that they were the only friends and trustworthy people to each other. And with these trustworthiness and friendship, a feeling grew up in her heart. Though she never expressed herself to him, she wanted to do so but she waited for the right time.

"I don't think Prince Anduin would want me anymore..." (y/n) looked at the bracelet she made from rare stones, specifically for him. The night elf stood up and looked at the spiky rocks that were far below this cliff
"This midsummer, my prince would find a girl and fall for her... I was but a forgotten and dead chapter in the book that should've been ended when my family died..." with tearing eyes she looked up at the sky that was now painted in gold by the sunset "I'm coming father...mother... and dear brother" the pain in her heart had clouded her sense of judgment and she couldn't bear her existence anymore.

With the bracelet clutched in her hand, she stepped dangerously close to the edge. She accepted her fate with tears but a sudden pull prevented her from jumping.

The female was surprised and embarrassed to see the prince Anduin holding her by her waist and wrist, staring at her with astonishment.
"I...I...um..." (y/n) mumbled for the right words but broke to tears when she felt his arms surrounding her form and embracing her. And there was he again, standing as a shoulder for her to cry on and his words to calm her down
"It's okay... you'll be fine... please calm down... for me" Anduin whispered to her as he gently rubbed her back
"The...thoughts...from my past... overwhelmed me... I'm deeply sorry for what I was about to do..." she said trying to sound calm but she was visibly breaking from her sorrows
"I understand, and I was aware that your past has been troubling you for years..." he quietly spoke as he brushed his face on her hair "I merely acted that way so that I could get to the bottom of your troubles and help you" he pulled back slightly from the embrace and held her head to face him, he gently wiped away her tears, there was an expression of surprise and happiness in her eyes.
"Who else could I ever imagine being in your place? I have cared for you all this long and will continue to do so" Anduin said as he smiled, then he took her hand in his and gently picked up the bracelet
"Such a beautiful bracelet you created for me... if this midsummer brings love and compassion then I want yours and mines to feel it... as together... for each other" he said as he smiled warmly after (y/n) happily smiled and embraced him
"My...my...prince..." she said but couldn't complete her words and began to cry, but this time it wasn't of sadness but joy
"Stay with me, beloved..." he gently patted her head.
They fell in love in each other's loving embrace as the sun had set to end their sadnesses and hardships, and to bring the new joys with the dawn.....

(Author's note!)
Hey lovelies! No updates for a long time, I'm sorry for that, I really am. But it would seem that the chapters will be delayed and will take awhile to be published quickly, I just published a new book plus I'm really working hard on my studies and are unable to give any time here. I just want to thank everyone of you guys for staying and reading this little hobby of mine and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the votes, sweet comments and reading the story, it really means a lot to me. And here is my new book: http://my.w.tt/UiNb/bmjLvysQFG Hope you enjoyed the story, have a great day :)