Chapter 5

"Have any of you seen Ember?" Constellationtracer asked as he and Cardinal ran up to the dragons gathered outside of the melted cage.

       "Uh, no. She's here?" said Nebula.

        "Oh, no." Cardinal gasped, not even the other prisoners knew where his sisterly cousin was.

       "I'll help you guys look around." Nebula offered, leading the dragons through the cave.

        Connie stopped, "Maybe I can use my mind reading powers to find her!" he suggested.

       "Go for it!" Nebula nodded.

       Constellationtracer closed his eyes to focus.

     Many thoughts of pain, fear and anguish from others flitted through his mind as he searched for his girlfriend's unique thoughts.

      "She-She's somewhere dark," Constellationtracer said, "and it sounds as if the battle is far away."

     "Up there!" Cardinal gasped, pointing up towards what looked like a brown sack hanging from a single rope with something large wriggling inside it that only his SkyWing eyes could notice at first glance.

      "They must have been planning to kill her by dropping in her in that sack!" Nebula gasped.

      "Come on!" Cardinal opened his yellow and white wings to take off before his friends behind him.

     They landed on a bridgelike stone structure that stuck out of the wall like a ledge that stretched around the whole cave not far away from where Ember's rope was tied, guarded by a RainWing about their age, Damu.