Chapter 19

The fly back to Jade Mountain the next day was long and tiring, but still shorter than the last day's.

Everyone decided to just stay the rest of the day at the Mountain to rest and fill the ending of camp with good memories before they had to leave.

Pyrrho and Draco were met my their mother the moment they entered the cave, they had both been a little curious as to where she was during the battle, but their questions were soon answered when she rushed them to a cave where a SkyWing egg sat on a pedestal with a nest on top of it, saying, "Quickly, your sister's egg has been shaking for the past few hours!"

Through all the chaos, Draco and Pyrrho had nearly forgotten about the red and yellow egg that held a younger sister.

"Draco!" she gasped, after the three dragons had been silently watching the egg for some time, their mother seemed to remember how long it had been since she had seen her firescales son, "Where have you been!?"

"Uh..." Draco realized how much expalining he still had to do in his future.

But all that was put off for later when the egg finally cracked open and the little dragonet inside fell out.

The tiny dragonet's mother gasped, her daughter had mostly red scales with black, orange, and yellow markings, yellow wings with drips of red, just like her father.

"Oh!" she cooed, letting the small SkyWing crawl into her loving talons.

Seeing his sister's picture perfect resemblance to their father, other than the amber eyes, reminded Draco of Crimson's sacrifice, and realized that there was a certain dragon who ought to be in this room.

"Taklaman," he said as he found his half-brother in the Great Hall, "come on over here."

"What?" The Sky/SandWing asked as he followed Draco into the cave.

"Mom, this is Taklaman," he expained, "he's Crimson's other son."

"You're alive?" she gasped, the tiny dragon still cradled in the joint of her forearm.

So he did tell her about them. Draco thought.

"That's something we can talk about later." Taklaman shook his head, "Who's this?" he asked, looking quizzically at the small red dragonet.

"This is Cordillera," she said, "I guess Draco brought you because she is also your half-sister.

There should have been two eggs hatching tonight. Draco realized sorrowfully, if only he had kept track of his tail, they may have been better off, but little did he know, Taklaman was going to be accepted in his family like the brother that had been lost.

...

Afterward, it was a mostly fun time that reminded many of the party right before Fox died, but many things had changed in such a short period of time that no one really wanted to talk about, but soon came the time to say goodbyes.