Chapter 9

Gobi looked up to see a blur of a dragon tear Zirconia off of them.

       He looked around to see that many of the parents, including his father, had arrived to fight alongside their dragonets.

      His ears perked as he scanned the cave for his mother, who he found releasing Zirconia during a moment of, "Three moons, I'm killing a kid!"

     "Mom!" he cried when she turned to see him.

      "Saguaro!" Gobi heard a gasp behind him that soon turned out to belong to Crimson.

       Gobi felt as if something was crawling beneath his scales as he remembered his mother used to be married to a creep who had tried on multiple occasions to kill dragonets.

        It grossed him out even more when he ran up to kiss her, but these feelings melted into satisfaction when his mother then punched him in the gut.

      "Seriously?" she screamed.

      Gobi couldn't resist the urge to chuckle at the look on the SkyWing's face when his father, who was at least a head and neck taller than Crimson came up and said, "What's happening here?"

      "Are you okay?" Taklaman said as he came running up to Gobi.

      "Yeah, I'm fine." he said, legs shaking as he stood up.

     "I saw that." His brother looked down at him in concern as Gobi stabilized his footing.

      "What, Crimson?" Gobi asked.

      "Well, yeah," he said with a partially sad smile, "but I was talking about that." Taklaman nodded toward where Leopard was standing on three legs, watching what was happening with Permafrost after Peril had swooped in and melted the rest of the ice.

      "Oh." Gobi whispered, remembering their kiss before they had been brutally attacked, "Are you fine about that?"

      Taklaman shrugged, "I'm a bit jealous that my little bro had his first kiss before me, but go on, talk to her."

      "Thanks." Gobi said, limping off to go see Leopard.

      "Hi." Leopard turned to look at him.

      "Hi." she replied, "It looks like Permafrost is somehow still alive."

       He looked forward to see Bear and a dragon who was probably Perma's mother standing over the white and brown dragon, who was shallowly breathing.

       Gobi nervously bit his tounge, "About what happened before we were almost murdered..."

        "Oh!" she gasped, changeable features turning crimson, "If you don't feel the same way, I would toatally understand that..."

       "Oh, no," Gobi shook his head, "I would definitely be holding your talon if it didn't mean we would fall over!"