Epilogue

Spark walked to her room after her family's short flight home, heading straight the large wooden chest in the corner. It was one of the only flammable things her family owned, because it was where she kept her secret items that she didn't want Moonfire to be able to get into without starting a fire.

    Spark effortlessly opened the top to dig through the items inside.

      Moving through stuff like scrolls and artwork, she came to a find a painting she hadn't looked at in awhile.

       It was drawn on a piece of paper about the same size as her talon. It was a picture she had found in the bottom of a box a few years ago during spring cleaning, and it had been her little secret since. It showed two NightWings, one was undoubtedly her mother, but one was a black, purple, and silver male who she had not seen. Her mother was smiling as they held talons in front of a fountain as he looked happily, straight at the viewer of the drawing. On the back, the words "Engaged at comple the restoration of the City of Night. - 5026."

      She knew that the dragon in the picture must have been her and Moonfire's father, their father who died before their eggs were hatched.

       But now, Spark reconized the dragon as someone else, Dreamtwister.

        Did this mean what she thought it did? Maybe. Did Moonfire need to see this? No, it would just tear them up even more knowing that they possibly killed her father.

       Only time would tell the truth, but until then, Spark had the rest of her summer to get through, and another great school year ahead.

🎉 You've finished reading Wings of Fire: The Rising Colors Prophecy: Book 5: The Final Battle 🎉