Chapter 8

"Get away from them!" Gobi yelled as he leapt into battle with Zirconia, who was fighting against the group of dragons intent on unfreezing Permafrost with firebreath, and in Moonfire's case, firescales.

         The two dragons twisted in midair, Gobi's somewhat swift talons just barely preventing Zirc from impaling his soft, white stomach with her spear.

     He slashed at her stomach with a kick, knocking her off of him, metal tail crashing against the stone floor with her.

      "Gobi!" Leopard flew to his side as he stumbled on landing, due to an injured foreleg, supporting him to keep him from falling to the stone.

       "Listen," she said, "it just occurred to me that we might not make it out of this, so-"

       She leaned forward and all pain evaporated in the moment she kissed him.

      "It's great and all thats you're kissing," aro-ace Calypso said as she stepped in between Gobi and Leopard, and Gulf and Yucca, "but there is a battle going on here."

       "Sorry." Yucca whispered sheepishly as a few of her scales turned a deep shade of red.

      "Nah, I'm happy for ya, sis."she smiled.

       Suddenly, with a roaring leap, Zirconia was back on Gobi and Leopard, both dragons were injured more than her, a more skilled fighter. The fight seemed hopeless.

       But then, a familiar voice echoed through the cave, "LET'S DANCE!"