Chapter 15// Alina

(Alina's home)
I could tell that Mark was nervous but he had no reason to be. My family is very genuine and loving. I was more nervous about what he was thinking in his head as I pulled up into my property. "This is definitely different from the suburbs." He said as we passed the gates welcoming people to the Redbird Ranch.

As I pulled up my dad was already outside. He had his shirt off and his wrangler Walmart jeans on with his snow boots tucked in. I immediately put the car in park and ran into his welcoming arms. He bear hugged me by picking me up and rocking from side to side on his feet, just like old times. "Little bird." He said happily. "I'm glad the great spirits and the ones above helped you make it safely."

"I've missed you!" I said. It felt so good to be home. I looked back at Mark who was getting both our suitcases from the trunk. My dad scrunched his nose at the sight of Mark. I shoved him playfully and with love because I knew my father. He was very accepting and never came off inappropriate. He naturally has a good heart, according to my grandmother from my mothers side of the family. She admitted to being judgemental especially when it came to the marriage of my parents. My grandmother wanted what was best for her daughter and family, timely she accepted my father. Now they both are inseparable from each other, they're like best friends.. it's endearing to see. "Well whose this?" My dad huffed as Mark made his way to us.

"Dad this is Mark Morelli, my friend and Mark this is my dad Al Redbird." I said introducing them properly.

Mark held his hand out, "Its a pleasure to meet you sir, Alina talks highly of you." He genuinely greeted.

My dad paused for a moment then shook his hand. Hesitant of his intentions. "I guess I'll be informed at dinner?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at me.  I smiled of his approval then playfully punched his arm at his small accusations. "Well your sister is in the house, and Alter is in the back chopping wood. I'll be in in a minute, go on." He waved both of us off.

I ran into the house, routinely slipping my shoes off before entering the living area where Alia had sat flipping through magazines. Instantly she was bear hugging me and weeping into my shoulder. "I can't believe I'm crying." She mumbled. "Ew, like it's just you." She shortly said after.

I pushed her off of me. "It never fails, you're naturally mean." I half laughed. "But you know what, I missed you too."

Alia looked behind me at Mark. Then back at me, then again at Mark before she spoke, "You didn't mention an add on."

"Be nice." I mouthed to her. I turned around and grabbed Mark's arm introducing him to my sister. "Mark this is my twin, Alia. Alia this is Mark my friend."

Mark extended his hand out, "Its very nice to meet you. You both look so much alike." He said stepping back looking at us both. "Too much alike to not be identical."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I knew it." I said remembering our conversation prior to this day. We were at his place and he couldn't believe I had a twin. I had told him others thought we resembled but I personally didn't see it.

"Trust me a few days with us both you're going to wish we looked different." Alia bitterly stated

I gave her a look. We were fraternal twins, but I had to admit truthfully that we looked very identical. Ignoring her vague comment, I asked, "Is Alter in the back?" I asked.

"He should be, I'm going to run to the store, and I am sure you both don't want to join with the drive you both just did."Alia said. "And Mark I will be calling you into questioning later on." She said pointing a finger in his direction. "Don't run from me."

He looked at me nervously. I laughed at him. "She won't bite." I whispered to him as she left through the front door. I headed for the back door into the backyard guiding Mark through a part of the kitchen. I had to admit my house wasn't the most pleasing but I wasn't shamed from where I grew up and came from. I was forever proud of my origin and I thank my parents for teaching me to embrace our life. Our backyard wasn't the typical, with the fence, grill, or pool even. Instead it was a small grassy field that was compromised with an entire forestry. Our forest contained so many memories from hunting practice to hide and go seek. I spotted Alter chopping wood down. "So what is it national twining day?" I asked approaching him.