Chapter 28// Mark

"Long time and no see." Trevor said greeting me with our old handshake from middle school.

We sat at the old cafe to catch up with one another. Trevor was drafted third pick into the NFL but got injured during pre season. "How's the shoulder?" I asked.

"It's healing, I should be able to start practice during spring." He said confidently. "I see my man has been putting in work."

"You know you know." I said. "What's new with ya?"

"Not much, a hoe tried to get me in some baby mama drama." He laughed. "I got that bitch a restraining order and paternity test awaiting for when that thing pops out."

"Man, Trevor you still fucking around?" I said rubbing my neck.

He shrugged still laughing. "I can say the same about you. What the fuck man, I know you're not with Ms. Redbird."

I gave him a death stare. "Why you gotta say it like that?" I asked annoyed as shit now.

"Because like you she was like a hometown hero. Chick was in newspapers, interviews and so much other shit. You know she's dating Toby? Remember his preppy ass?" He said showing me his social platforms.

"Yeah we've already talked recently. What do you mean hometown hero?" I asked pathetically.

"I don't know man. She volunteered in multiple children shit, got into graduate school, teaching because of her skills and a bunch of other shit. Toby probably made that shit happen actually." He said jealously.

Instantly I got defensive at his comment. "Alina is smart. I knew she was getting into grad school but I had no idea she changed her mind to teaching." I said more so for myself to hear.

"I don't know man. But what happened with y'all anyway?" He asked while he texted someone.

"I don't remember." I said not trying to recall the events that led up to our split. From her virginity to my genes was what I tried to blur out completely.

I sat there, a thought coming into view. Michael and I didn't have hemophilia at all nor did we have the gene. If she, our mother were to have another kid their chances would skyrocket. I remembered calling Alina to tell her my great news but I had no answer, then a text, no text back, finally a knock at her door, and still no damn answer. Mind, I was doing these multiple times to get her attention. We were done, I made the biggest mistake and fuck up of my life and just like that she was gone from me. I fought to get her back, but after she showed no effort eventually I had to let go her.

I still loved her. I think a part of me always will, but greatly I wasn't depressed anymore. It was best we both moved on, although nobody will ever love her the way I do; and I will never love anybody like I love her.

"Mark. Mark." Trevor said hitting the table.

I came back from my deep and buried thoughts. "What?" I asked too angrily.

He pointed to the register. "Speak of the devil."

And there she was, the love of my fucking entirety, looking extremely gorgeous and so damn happy. I stayed put not bothering her. The confrontation at the mall was disastrous, I didn't want her to react the way she did like prior, the shit broke me.

Exiting I had seen her catch a glimpse of me, she remained walking out the old cafe where we shared lots and lots of memories with one another. Although she spazzed at the mall made me break in the inside, her looking at me with pity and disgust made me shatter completely after being repaired multiple times.