Chapter 23// Alina

Marissa thought she could get to me. I knew how women like her worked, I wasn't phased at all. Mark reacted exactly how he should which is why I didn't find it necessary to bring the incident up.

Michael and Juliana, his fiancé told Mark that they'd be at their estate waiting for him to return. We decided to ride together so I followed him to his place and parked my car and rode with Mark to his family's place. He held my hand the entire way there. 

"I'm so nervous." He said parking on the side of the road in front of his house.

I was too, extremely nervous actually. There was so many vehicles parked for Marks graduation. "Me too." I said Shyly.

"Let's get this over with, I'm absolutely ready whenever you are." He said shutting his truck off. "That goes for leaving to."

"Maybe we should go in first." I laughed lightly.

I opened the door to get down, "Don't you open that door. I'm coming." Mark said stepping down.

I rolled my eyes. "You know you don't have to, we've been together for a year now." I said happily at his gestures.

"Imma hold that against you whenever we grow old and I get lazy." He said with his hand out for me to hop down.

He shut the door behind me and we held hands until we were greeted by the Morelli's and some more. 

"Well who is this pretty young thing?" Brooklyn asked with Mason at her side.

"Brooklyn this is my girlfriend, Alina. Alina this is my stepmom, Brooklyn." Mark said vaguely.

I ignored his tone and shook her hand which fell into a hug. "It's really nice to meet you." I said happily.

"Likewise. How long have you been together?" She asked.

I looked at Mark who was associating with somebody else, then back to Brooklyn. "A little over a year." I said confidently.

"What! Mark never mentioned anything about it." She exclaimed. "Little turd."

Probably because he hasn't seen them but a handful amount of times last year. I looked at Mason who tugged at my dress. I squatted down to his level, since I was in heels. "Hi Mason. Did you think I forgot about you?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Since when are you shy?" I asked poking him near his side.

He laughed. "I'm not. Where have you been?" He asked.

"I've been around just really busy." I said. I felt bad, Mason didn't have a big brother around to play with and he was getting so big.

"Can we play Trash again?" He asked excitedly.

"For sure buddy." I said holding out my hand for a high five.

He slapped it with might. "Yikes you're getting so strong." I exclaimed.

He flexed his arms making me laugh. I stood back up this time faced with Brooklyn and Mr. Morelli. I knew it was him because of pictures and he looked exactly like Mark but with a pleasant amount of grays. "Hello." I said stupidly.

He raised an eyebrow. I glanced away to hope Mark was nearby. Instead I didn't see him in the room.

"I'm Alina, Marks girlfriend." I said holding my hand out politely.

"That's odd. Mark never mentioned you to us." He said in a rude, deep octave.

I dropped my hand. Again probably because he hates you, and has seen you probably like three times in a year. "Yeah I keep getting that." I said quietly.