Chapter 16// Mark

Alina's dad, Al was fucking intimidating. The man was hell huge, he looked 6'7, with a muscular physique similar to my dad but Al had long pitch black hair that ran down to his lower back and the biggest hands I had ever seen. Hands that would be considered honorable to the NFL. Alter, he too was about 6'7 , the only differences about him and his dad is that he is much more lean and his hair was cut short to his head but other than that he was spitting image. Alia looked very much like her sister Alina it was shocking that they weren't identical. Alina had thicker hair, hips and an ass than her sister did, which I appreciated so much more than she ever thought. Alia came off as an ass but in a way Alina did too at the very beginning of our encounter.

While Alter and I communicated about players elite and our positions he was quick to ask about the relationship between his sister and I. "Are you into my sister?" He asked.

I didn't know whether to tell him about my true feelings for his sister, so I just stuck with her story. "We're just friends." I said bluntly.

He looked at me with a sly look. "Bullshit." He called.

"All honesty." I said vaguely.

"Okay look man, my sister especially Alina isn't just going to bring anyone home, a guy on that note. Either y'all in a relationship or almost in one." He said.

"Well I'm sure you and I both know that your sister is hella stubborn." I said factually while also not denying his accusation.

"She never use to be. Alina was never troubled or mean like she is now. I'm uh—." He paused. "Our mother passed away a few years back and we all took it pretty hard but Alina, man—." He faded off.
I shook my head in affirmation of knowing their burden.

"Alina took it hard like almost hitting rock bottom. I think it broke all our hearts more seeing her in so much emotional pain." He said shaking his head.
I didn't have anything to say. That was painful to hear. I wondered what she was like prior to her mother's death?

———————-

Before I headed back into the house Alter invited me to the bar tonight to meet up with a few of his old friends. I told him that I'll keep the offer in mind but first I needed to see Alina. I walked through the house looking at their heirlooms and family pictures. I seen what I'm assuming was Alina's mother. She was gorgeous. She looked just like Alina and Alia, wavy long dark brown hair, brown eyes, a petite figure, dark brown skin and straight teeth. Traveling through the house I had seen deer heads mounted, feathers displayed, a drum with buckskin in the corner of the living area and a dream catcher located in almost every room.

I made my way upstairs, "Alina?" I called for.

"Uh I'm in here." She said.

I walked to the room where I heard her voice, second door down to the left. "So you weren't going to warn me about how huge your dad is?" I asked sitting on the corner part of the bed.

She looked away. Then cleared her voice. "Are you intimidated?" She asked with hurt in her voice.

"For sure." I said with content. I was worried because just a few moments ago she was ecstatic to be home, now she didn't seem to well.

"Mmhmmm." She mumbled while putting clothes up.

"Is everything alright?" I asked confused.

She paused for what seemed like two minutes, two very long minutes. "Yeah everything is alright."

I ignored her attitude. "So Alter asked me join him tonight at a bar with a few friends."

"Cool." She said with a blunt tone.