Chapter 26// Mark

If I were to know that we would split up I think I would've been much more cautious on my use of words. It's been about a week since Alina and I have seen or talked to each other. I'm sure she went home, to Wyoming to spend the holidays with the people that unconditionally love her. It made me literally sick to my stomach that my true love, my future was completely done with me.

Recently Michael and I had submitted a genealogy test to get back results of where we stand with hemophilia. We haven't heard anything so far, meanwhile Michael and Julia remained together. Us three were going to breakfast at the cafe and I had no appetite whatsoever. Playoffs began in January and my diet and workout has been nonexistent. Coach expected us to be independent to our bodies meaning we must keep up with it if we really wanted to win the payoffs. Lately I haven't had any desire to play the game anymore.

"So are you ever going to talk about Alina?" Julia asked while Michael went to the bathroom.

"What's there to talk about?" I asked vaguely.

I haven't slept this entire week. Ive been extremely violent and my rage is near the top with a boil added. I'd give anything to go back and change all this. Fuck, Michael and Julia were still together for what reason. "Julia I have a question. You know about the hemophilia gene and how it can be inherited, do you not want children with Michael?"

"Mark, of course I want a family with Michael but right now we wait till the results comeback and there are plenty of options to take after that. I feel like with your problem it's more of jumping to conclusions." She said kindly.

Michael was making his way to our table. I was about to lose my fucking cool with Julia. She didn't understand. "Mark, you had no business for putting your relationship on yield before even getting the results back." Michael said in agreement with Julia. "You're a couple. You make decisions and choices together, not because you think it's in the best interest for her."

"But if she would've stayed, it would be going about her ways completely different. You don't know her, I do and I couldn't stand the thought of her changing because of me." I said reasonably.

"Okay Mark but listen to yourself. Your head is so far stuck up in your ass about this dumbass genetic shit you can't even cope with the idea that your girl is moving on because you let her." Michael said in defense.

"We shouldn't argue about this. Mark I understand completely where you are coming at when it comes to Alina. But I have to admit I wasn't the same girl at the beginning of our relationship that I am now." She said looking between the both of us brothers. "Could there have been a different way of going about this? Yes. If she truly does love you Mark, she'll find her way and vice versa." Julia finished. She picked up her menu and began to look over it.

I did the same then Michael once he felt some tension leave. I was so conflicted but I did felt a bit of appraisal from Julia's words. "If she truly does love you Mark, she'll find her way and vice versa." Those words settled with me temporarily.

———————

(One year later)

After a year of completely being single and traveling the world I had barely any thought of Alina. With multiple breakdowns and constant drinking I had to stop all these childish outrages. I was a grown man being offered a couple of hundred thousand dollars to do appearances on commercials or company ads. I was a pro league soccer player with a 2 million dollar contract.. I had to forgot about Alina. My sex drive was high and because I was single it was taken care of most of the times.

With months of realization I was a fool in love at such an immature age. Alina and I both weren't fit for each other. We had completely different desires, I couldn't believe that we were so foolish to see "our" future with one another. She crosses my mind every so often and I admit that. I was on a plane to head back home for the holidays and see my brothers and Trevor. Michael and I thought it was best to make an appearance for Masons and Matt's sake. They too were our blood.