Chapter 25// Alina

I expected to wake up to my passionate love-making boyfriend but instead I was alone? I sat up and called Marks name twice, hoping he was in another room. I closed my eyes to visualize what happened last night. He was so good to me I didn't understand why he wanted to leave me alone in the morning. I felt my insecurities rise, was he gone because I wasn't the best body? Was it because I was inexperienced? Maybe I had smell or tasted bad?  I ached really bad inside my gut, just as I looked down at the sheets I caught a glimpse of red.

"What the fuck?" I questioned myself.

I ripped the comforter and blankets off revealing a giant stain of blood. Where did it come from? It couldn't have been me? I finished my menstrual cycle about a week ago. I checked the between part of my thighs and gasped in disbelief. I had dried blood down my entire left leg and the inner between thighs. What the fuck was wrong with me? I started to panic maybe that's why he left, he probably thinks I'm the most disgusting person ever. I mean I couldn't help it but even I was a bit petrified.

I ran into the bathroom, turning on the water faucet for the shower. I took a quick shower and checked my vag out a bit better. I couldn't tell where the blood had came from.  I dried off immediately after then forced myself to pee. A bit more blood came out but I had seen no clots or signs of it being my menstrual.

I didn't understand how to approach or talk to Mark about this. I was weirded out as much as he probably was. I called Alia, to break the news and explain my current situation.

"Pick up pick up." I said making myself ginger and lemon tea.

"So are you leaving?" Alia asked through the phone.

Shit! I forgot to break that news as well to them, I'll be here for Christmas. "Well hello to you too, yeah I had a pretty decent final exams." I pretended in the phone to avoid the needed conversation. "Thanks for asking."

"Save it for when I see you." She said probably rolling her eyes. "But really are you and Mark on the way? Dad has a surprise for him."

I frowned. "Wait a surprise for Mark?" I asked unaware. "What is it?"

"Well it's for his graduation and it's a handmade bolo. Dad is definitely improving. He's been hand crafting, hunting, going out with friends and even sleeping in his room." Alia said happily through the phone.

I began to tear up. I was so happy that my dad is finally deciding to give life a chance again. I was emotional because he's doing very well, he loves my boyfriend but because of my current situation I have absolutely no idea where he had left to and I won't get to spend Christmas with my family for the first time. " That's really great. Tell him I love him and I'll talk to him soon." I said sadly.

"Why do you sound sad? Is everything okay?" Alia asked with panic in her tone.

I paused. No everything was not okay. "I have to tell you something." I said nervously.

"What is it?" She Asked.

"Mark and I had sex last night." I said slowly.

She was silent.

"Alia?" I questioned.

"I heard you. I'm just trying to hear you ya know?" She said playfully.

I wasn't in the playing type mood. "Alia it's not funny." I said seriously.

"Well no duh but umm how was it?" She asked. "What was it like to lose your innocence?"

"I don't know. He was really gentle and passionate. It hurt a lot actually but I liked the pain, if that makes sense."