Chapter 20// Mark

I was feeling mixed emotions right about now. We had shared a really special and significant moment that either way will complicate and or prosper our future. I was full of mixed emotions. I hated that she was hurt prior to us.

The both of us sat quietly for a few minutes after I told her she was mine. I played with her hair while she remained in the position of me holding her. The longer the silence the more nervous I became of what she was going to say. "What's going on in that head of yours?" She asked breaking my train of thought.

I continued to play with her hair by wrapping my fingers around it multiple times. "I really want to beat the shit out of that dude who hurt you but I also want to give you more kisses because your lips are addicting." I said truthfully.

I leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "I'm so sorry." I heard myself say to her again.

She rubbed my forearm that was wrapped around her waist. "Mark you're the second person I had told... ever." She said confessing her truth.

I let go of her. Who else knew? "Does your dad know what happened to you?" I asked curiously.

She shook her head no.

"Alina.." I began.

"Alia is the other person who knows. I made her promise me that she wouldn't snitch to anyone else. It stayed between her and I." She said putting her head down. "You have to promise me you won't tell anyone, you can't tell Alter or my dad." She begged.
This girl and her secrets. In a way I wasn't surprised she didn't tell her brother or father because with the way their family is, they would've killed the bastard. I'm good at keeping secrets but this one was huge.

"Why did you tell me?" I asked.

She looked at me with the saddest eyes. I wanted to wipe her wet tears away but right now didn't seem like the best timing. "I don't know Mark." She said vaguely.

"I think it's best that your dad should know." I said in a risky tone. The look she had gave me within seconds made me instantly regret what I had said.

"Mark! He can't! I thought I could trust you." She said standing up.

I got to my feet. "You can, look Alina I will keep this from your dad and brother and whoever else you want me to because you're important to me. I won't like it but then again it's not for me to tell." I took her hands. "I really do like you, a lot and I am at the place in my life where I just want to be with.."

"Mark I don't know if I'm ready for a relation—." She said stabbing me unknowingly.

"Don't. Alina see. It's not your fault but it pisses me off so much that he effects your feelings, wants and because he does, it affects us." I interrupted.

I didn't want to argue.

Before she said anything else I kept her quiet with a kiss. I slowly made my way into her sweet mouth and explored her soft tongue. "Tell me you want me." I mumbled inches from her lips as we caught our breaths.

She held onto my neck as her tongue danced around in my mouth. "I need you." She breathed against my lips. "Really bad."Brushing her lips against mine she held my face. "Just be patient with me." She said with a raspy voice.

I smiled at her willingness. Picking her up she had squealed. "Mark you better not drop me." She said now smiling lightly. "This treehouse is old, I don't want to-." She interrupted herself with a squealing laugh. "Mark don't drop me!" She said trying to sound serious but I could tell that she was going to give in with laughter.

I realized moments ago she was my future. I knew that it was my job to keep that smile on her face at all times. I thought back to what her dad had told me about her. Quickly but certainly I was in love with Alina. I was her protection from the bad, she was my love that I never had. We needed each other.