Chapter 35// Alina

Epilogue:
The day has came, the planning was done and I soon was about to become Mrs. Morelli. My dad, my grandparents, cousins from both sides of the family, my aunts, uncles, twin and brother had made their way to my wedding. Laney flew in from Florida to watch me marry the love of my life, the guy who she knew at first I couldn't stand to even be around. The guy who I thought many things of ended up being the last thought in my conscious, my soon to be husband.

Mark had many argumentative fights with his side of the family just because they were unsupportive of our relationship entirely. Just days before the wedding, suddenly they all reached out and declared their respect and support for our marriage, at least those from Italy. Mark still didn't want them at the wedding but we talked and I thought it was best that they had a chance of witnessing our marriage. He hated the idea of bringing negativity into our pure ceremony and I couldn't agree more but as his best friend and soon to be wife, I don't think I could've done it without them. Family is important, he needs his family just as well as I do. Mason and Michael were the only ones of Marks side of the family that loved us for us. Trevor as well, who I assume is helping Mark calm his nerves down by getting him tipsy.

I hadn't been nervous up until now. I noticed that the rooms began to empty out, the wedding planner was unnoticeably ushering out the small children that were becoming disruptive and placing the bridesmaids in position. "You're gorgeous sister." Alia said embracing me before her cue was sent out.

"Thank you Alia, I couldn't have done today or life without you." I said embracing her warmth. "I love you."

"I love you too," she glanced at the wedding planner who waved her down nicely. "It's time, look go marry my other brother so we can move along." She laughed.

I playfully pushed her. "Goodbye." I joked as she headed out with the biggest smile.

My hands were sweaty, I was getting very hot. The wedding outside had began and I was by myself for the latest of two minutes. I took a deep breath, thought of my vows and then I remembered that my mom was here too. I touched my neck that wore her pendant which also had her initials engraved on the back. She wore the same pendant during her wedding day when she said "I do" to daddy. I wore white in honor of our purity and the sacredness of our marriage.

My dad knocked on the door, "Little bird, you ready, it's our cue?" He asked on the other side.

I breathed in and out. My dad hasn't seen me but in the morning before the dress and makeup. Opening the door I had immediately realized that my dad was crying. I grabbed onto him and held him tightly like  it was when mom got sick, then her pain, and her passing. I continued my embrace just as I did when I had my first heartbreak, my breaking points, and long  periods of time of not song one another.  "You are so beautiful Little Bird!" He sobbed happily.

I smiled and laughed nervously as my eyes began to water.

"Momma is so proud of you Alina, I am so proud of you! I love you and I'm so happy that you found love outside of us." He pulled from my tight embrace and held both of my hands into his. "You're beautiful and successful and I couldn't have asked for any more than that.  Mark is a wonderful man, and I love him like my own, I am very blessed to be your daddy." He said slowly as tears slipped through his brown eyes.

I kissed his cheek, crying in his arms he had took me at arm length. Wiping the tears from my eyes with his cloth he said, "Let's go before they come looking. She gave us time but not all night." He playfully said.

I laughed lightly. My heart was extremely warm and beating extremely fast. The music was cued. I heard people stand from their seats and suddenly I felt eyes stare me down prior to entering the alter. The music break was cued and I began to walk down with my daddy for the first and last time as a Redbird. I instantly had found my handsome soon to be husband standing at the end of the steps waiting to take me into his and from my daddy. Although my veil was sheer for the most part, my eyes were focused on him, Mark Morelli, the man I plan to spend the rest of my life with who also was eyeing me down with such intensity and comforting bliss.