Chapter 17// Alina

I felt a lot better in the morning than I did yesterday. I made myself a cup of rosemary green tea and began to start on breakfast. I had the kitchen radio on low so that I didn't disturb anybody sleeping. As always Alia was the second, well might've been the first one up. She came into the kitchen, "Morning." She said looking for the orange juice.

"Morning." I said taking out the eggs, bacon, bread and a few fruits for breakfast.

She took out the pans we would be using for the eggs and bacon. "I'm sorry about yesterday. You're right, I shouldn't have brought it up." She stated softly.

I began chopping the strawberries, peaches and pineapples. "It's okay, Mom wouldn't have wanted me to mope around anyways." I said in acceptance of her apology. "You're right. You're always right." I emphasized the always making her giggle.

"You're doing alright mom would be very happy for you." She said in the lightest tone. "I know dad and Al are really proud that your broke out of that hard place. It's really good seeing my sister come back. You look good sister."

Silence fell between the two of us. I've missed her so much and it hurts a little because I felt like I've been away too long. Yeah Mark came but I still felt as if I was struggling. Alia has brought up a valid point from yesterday and I knew for a fact that it must be addressed or it will forever bother me.

"So this boy, you bringing him home was a big jump." She said playfully, breaking our odd and silent moment.

"Were just friends. And be quiet he could be getting up at anytime." I said throwing a dish rag at her.

"Oh my god Alina you like him. No wonder it's going to storm today." She said using her story time voice.

My cheeks were hot. I did. But I could never take that risk and form a relationship with him. There was too much at stake. He was too popular and as of now I was trying to maintain my lowkey individuality.

"You do know I have to interrogate him." She said factually. "Is he too good to be true?" She asked as she witnessed me gush on the thought of him.

I rolled my eyes. "He is a really good friend, it's just we both live in completely different worlds."

"You do remember it's not about where you come from its all about what you feel whether its emotions or dick. Nothing else matters you know this, mom use to tell us that." She said frying the bacon.

"Anyways. How has everything been around the house?" I asked changing the subject. I couldn't believe she brought up that memory from Momma. I remember clear as day that when we sat down with her and daddy to have the talk. "Also I don't think mom was talking about sex when she gave us the boyfriend talk. Dad on the other hand yes." Daddy made it clear that we better be abstinent until menopause and Al better keep his balls to himself only.

"Alright, speaking of dad, he's been doing better. I think what will make him really happy is if you don't back out this years powwow."

I looked at her then groaned. "I don't back out."

"But you do. Look I think that if you do this powwow and show dad that you're moving on for the better he can have the courage to as well." She said.

"I haven't since—."

"This use to be dads favorite powwow. The family and tribe will be in complete shock when they see you out there." She interrupted me. "Do it for daddy at the least." She mumbled the last part.

I remained silent. I haven't danced in years, I broke away from many and most activities when I became depressed and anti social within this town. This place where I grew up at talked, they knew everyone and all their business. Good or bad, news spread like wildfire and I was burning the entire forestry in it.