Chapter 21// Alina

One Year Later

"Baby have you seen my red tie?" Mark yelled from his bedroom.

We were celebrating our first anniversary together for being with each other for a year. I had on a babydoll black dress with black booties and a gray trench coat that laid over me. I grabbed his red tie which laid in the bathroom where I was in mid brushing my tangled mess. "Here." I said handing him the tie.

"My God, Alina!" He said taking the tie and my hand.

"Mark." I laughed at his kind compliment. "We're going to be late. I need to finish my hair."

"Okay okay but Ya know we really don't have to do this dinner thing." He said wrapping the tie around his neck.

I finished brushing my hair out and tucked it behind my ears. I helped him with his tie, although I was in booties with a high platform I still had to stand on my tip toes to reach around his neck. "May I remind you that you set up these reservations."

"You're right. Why am I the luckiest guy in the world?" He asked grabbing my waist.

"Happy anniversary sweet boy." I said kissing him sweetly on his lips. He grabbed me with both arms making me feel protected, safe and loved. "Mmmm." I moaned against our sweet escape.

Heading to our dinner reservations I thought about our journey so far. Since last year of November we started off as a rocky couple. Since the year we've grown together so much. Naturally, my love Mark is a gentleman he still opens the door for me, he talks to me everyday and in all possible ways he makes me feel wanted. My left hand laid on the arm rest which was joined by Marks like the norm.

A lot hasn't changed for us as well. We still live separately, we still are extremely busy outside of school, I'm still a virgin, Mark is still extremely popular, and Our families still remain on the same status.

Finally arriving, the restaurant was immaculate. Everybody was dressed to the nines, cars were sent to valet parking and everybody was either mid age or elderly. Mark and I stood out completely. Not only were we the youngest but we were the only interracial couple which caused so many stares. I hated the attention we caused by our skin. Mark didn't believe it was because of our race, he thought it was because our age or his status. I knew because of the looks being made.

I did my best to ignore some of the dirty looks. We were greeted immediately by our waiter who gave us a few minutes to look over the menu. "So many people are starring." I said uncomfortably whilst looking at the menu.

Mark looked up from his menu at me. "Probably wondering what we're doing in a place like this at such a young age." He cheerfully said. "I'm thinking a rare New York strip steak with Benihana rice."

I wanted to roll my eyes at his first remark but I decided to keep cool. "Sounds great." I said.

"Well my oh my Mark Morelli! How are you?" Squealed a Mid aged woman with mink on her neck.

"Ahh hi Carol. It's good seeing you, I'm great, this is my—."

She glanced over at me then reframed her attention back to Marks. "How's your dad? I haven't seen that old man in months." She said obnoxiously.   

"Uh yeah he is well. This is my—."

She interrupted him again. "Well tell the man I'd love to get drinks sometime and catch up. Have fun with your um."

"Girlfriend." I said to the menu ignoring her presence.

"Mark you never mentioned you had a girlfriend." She said in a testing manner.