Part Three

Chrollo's uncle was absolutely vile in Kurapika's opinion. The Alpha sat in the shadows in a tall chair that was similar to a throne, his posture making him seem more important than he really was. He looked down from his seat at the two, the smile that spread across his face looking completely out of place.
"So this is who you've brought?" His voice was deep when he spoke.
Chrollo nodded. "Yes sir. I hope you don't mind that he is a Kurta."
His uncle stood quickly, revealing his features. He looked very similar to Chrollo, though his shoulders and eyes were a bit wider and he was taller. His voice was deeper than Chrollo's as well, Kurapika noted as he spoke again. "A Kurta?"
Chrollo's grip on Kurapika's hand tightened as he nodded. "Yes sir. But he's well behaved, I promise."
Something flashed behind his uncle's eyes, then Chrollo smiled and the look was gone. "You are happy with him? Are you sure Chrollo?"
Chrollo nodded and pulled Kurapika closer, hugging him to his side and causing the Omega to cry out from the suddenness. Chrollo's uncle smiled, although something was amiss.
"Alright." He looked over at Kurapika, his eyes empty. "Just call me Boss."

_-_-_-_   -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-   _-_-_-_

Kurapika sat on the opposite side of the bed, arms crossed and face scowling. Chrollo was unpacking Kurapika's things, much to the omega's displeasure. Chrollo glanced over at him.
"Is everything alright?"
Kurapika growled. "Was all of that contact necessary?"
"It's rude to answer a question with a question." Chrollo pointed out.
Kurapika blushed in embarrassment. "Well, it's rude to dodge questions as well!"
"I suppose it is." Chrollo shrugged. "Yes, the contact was necessary. It made us more convincing."
Kurapika was reluctant to answer Chrollo's question, not wanting to seem like a weak Omega. He sighed. "Yes, I am fine. This has just been a long day."
Chrollo hummed and finished putting Kurapika's stuff away, then sat on the other side of the bed. "Maybe some sleep will help. But first... Can you please expose your neck?"
Kurapika stood quickly and backed away. "What do you mean?! You said we wouldn't have to-!"
'So cute. Getting all bashful at even the thought of something promiscuous.' Chrollo chuckled. "Well, if you're going to pretend to be my mate you need to at least smell like me. Unless you want some of our Alpha servants trying to claim you?"
Kurapika turned red and grit his teeth, looking away. "You're right..."
Chrollo leaned forward and Kurapika sat back down, tilting his head and closing his eyes tightly. He gasped when he felt a tongue lapping against the scent glands at the juncture of his neck and shoulder, then tensed when he felt soft kisses along his neck. 'Oh god... S-stop! Make him stop!'
Chrollo pulled away before Kurapika could apply any force, nodding once. "I think it's convincing enough, although I'll have to do it every few nights to keep the scent fresh."
Kurapika felt sick, although he wasn't sure if it was a good or bad feeling. Chrollo had been gentle and thoughtful, not even attempting to put a claim mark on him. It had been the complete opposite of what he had expected from an Alpha.
He lay awake for hours that night. He had hated it, he was sure. Even though Chrollo had actually paused to consider Kurapika's feelings, he was still an Alpha. Kurapika couldn't trust him, and certainly couldn't develop feelings for him. He finally fell asleep, reassured that he was just a bit sick from so much travel.

Yet the butterflies in his stomach disagreed.