Part Eleven

//there's a little bonus at the end of the chapter guys. Who else ships UvoShal?

Kurapika hid further in his blankets, only his eyes and nose showing. The man in the doorway got on his knees and pulled the fabric away from Kurapika's face slowly, as if careful not to spook him. A scent washed over the omega, and he relaxed as the alpha moved to lay beside him. This was not the vicious man from the 'throne room'; it was Chrollo, not his uncle. Although he did see why he would mix them up...
"Kurapika... Tell me what's wrong." Chrollo hummed, looking into the omega's eyes.
Kurapika looked away, turning onto his side. "Where have you been?"
Chrollo chuckled. "Were you worried?"
When all he got in return was silence, he began to rub Kurapika's back. "You were... I didn't think that my absence would bother you. I-"
"I'm still worried. I..." Kurapika bit his lip nervously. "What is your relationship with Shalnark? I noticed he comes around a lot..."
Chrollo was taken aback. "What? A-are you jealous?!"
Kurapika reddened and he turned to face away from Chrollo. "N-no! I mean, what do I care if you have someone set aside?"
He jumped when Chrollo began to kiss his neck from behind. "Kurapika, Shalnark is just a childhood friend. He's mated already, you know."
Kurapika leaned into Chrollo, wanting desperately to believe him. "What about all of those paintings?"
"The paintings...?" Chrollo hummed in thought, trying to remember the location of the objects in question. He stiffened as he remembered. "The paintings are all drawn by Shalnark's mate, Uvo. You... You didn't see anything else of consequence in that room, did you?"
"Um, no?" Kurapika was confused. He'd never smelled another scent on Shalnark, but then again, the other omega had never gotten close enough.
Chrollo breathed a sigh of relief, then smiled. "Today I figured you wouldn't want to see me, so I did some paperwork to take my mind off of things. My uncle was never one for diplomacy, so I fill in for what he refuses to do."
Kurapika smiled slightly and looked back at Chrollo. "You care about me... Right?"
"Of course I care about you." Chrollo responded almost immediately. The happiness that Kurapika felt lasted only a moment before Chrollo spoke again. "It's my fault you're here. I feel like the least I could do is take care of you."

Both the Alpha and the Omega longed to confess their love, but they were afraid of what the other would say in return. Neither wanted to face rejection...

Shalnark placed the rag on Uvo's forehead as the alpha grumbled in pain. Really the hangover wasn't so bad, but Uvo loved the attention. Shalnark had already hidden the new painting and was now busy trying to spoon feed Uvo. As he bent over, Uvo grabbed his wrist.
"Where did those hickeys come from?" Uvo asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Um, well... When you're drunk we kinda..." Shalnark bit his lip shyly and looked away blushing.
Uvo smirked and pulled Shalnark a bit closer. "I don't recall. Care to refresh my memory?"

//sorry it's so short! Is it good though??? I tried my best!