Part Eight

While Kurapika showered, Chrollo was left to think.
He sat on the edge of his bed, his chin propped up by a hand. His eyes were closed and his ears were open.
He remembered a conversation he'd had with his uncle a few years ago; a conversation about the Kurta family and how cruel they were, willing to sell their omegas and kill for power. Chrollo had believed the stories and had jumped at the chance to see a Kurta Omega in person, but now that he had gotten to know Kurapika...
Yes, Kurapika was a fiery omega, but Chrollo couldn't see him actually hurting anyone. And Kurapika hadn't been sold necessarily. He had been given, yes, but he had not been sold. Chrollo hummed.
'My uncle visited the Kurta estate many years ago... He talked of valuables and power, and he spoke with immense jealousy.'
He raised his head quickly as the sound of the shower died down. The bedroom door opened and his uncle stepped in; all sounds from the bathroom stopped, and Chrollo assumed that Kurapika was listening.
"Hello uncle. Wh-" Chrollo was cut off as his uncle slapped him, causing his cheek to bleed.
"Where is your Omega and why have I been informed that he is unmarked?" Chrollo's uncle growled.
"I wa-" His uncle smacked him again.
"I don't want to hear excuses!" His uncle shouted. Chrollo nodded. "Yes, uncle Kuroro... He hasn't been very willing-"
"Then take him by force! You act as if he's human and not an animal just waiting to serve it's purpose!"
"I... You're right." Chrollo nodded. 'Kurapika... I wonder what you're thinking, behind the door listening in. I don't want to, but I'm afraid of what he'll do to you.'
Chrollo's uncle nodded, then left. Kurapika did not emerge until his footsteps in the hall were long gone.

"Chrollo...?" Kurapika peeked out hesitantly, trying to calm his shaking. His eyes widened when he saw the blood on Chrollo's cheek, the alpha's skin already bruising. "Chrollo!"
He ran to his alpha and knelt in front of him, dabbing at his cheek with a rag. Chrollo looked at Kurapika in shock. 'Even after what he just heard...'
Kurapika bit his lip and looked away. "You're going to force me...?"
The Alpha remained silent, causing Kurapika to look back up at him. Tears were in the Omega's eyes. Chrollo raised a hand and wiped a tear away from Kurapika's cheek.
"I... Am sorry." Chrollo closed his eyes and leaned his forehead against Kurapika's. "I don't want to. Really, I would rather you have a choice. I'm just... Afraid."
'Afraid.' Kurapika hummed. 'It makes sense. I would want to avoid bodily harm too-'
"I'm afraid... Of what he'll do to you." Chrollo said softly.
Kurapika pulled away, his eyes red. "Wh-what?!"
Chrollo opened his eyes slowly, then smiled. "You are so beautiful Kurapika."
The omega looked away. "Chrollo... Please just-"
He looked back at Chrollo, his face as red as his eyes. "Just stop saying those things and get it over with."
Chrollo's eyes widened as Kurapika let his robe, the only thing he was wearing as far as Chrollo could see, drop to the floor. The Omega looked away shyly, biting his lip and shaking slightly.
"G-go ahead..."