Part Five

Kurapika laid under the blankets, a pillow hugged to his chest. He was warm all over, although he wasn't in heat. He couldn't get Chrollo's actions out of his mind. He hated the Alpha's suddenly lusty behavior; he was afraid and confused. Chrollo had made it clear that he didn't want sexual relations, or at least Kurapika had thought so.
Then again, Chrollo was an Alpha; a creature that ran on instinct for the most part. Kurapika squeezed the pillow tighter, then tensed when he heard the door open. The footsteps were light, so he knew that it wasn't Chrollo. He peeked from beneath the blanket to see a short blonde Omega with a tray in his hands.
"The boss said you might be hungry." He smiled and stepped closer.
Kurapika glared. "I'm not."
"Hm?" The blonde asked. "But-"
"I don't trust Chrollo's uncle." Kurapika huffed. "I won't trust food from him."
The blonde laughed and sat on the edge of the bed, setting the tray beside him. "I don't trust that old fool either." The blonde giggled. "He's not my boss. I was talking about my boss."
"Chrollo is your boss?" Kurapika asked, tilting his head. He was suddenly jealous of the other boy.
"Yep. I'm Shalnark, but you can call me Shal." Shalnark smiled. "Will you eat now?"
Kurapika nodded, reassured that he wasn't being poisoned or drugged. He didn't think that Chrollo would do something like that to him. Right...?
He grabbed the bowl of udon noodles and began to eat. He hummed after a few bites, then bit his lip nervously. "So... Why are you working here? Chrollo tells me that some of the Alpha servants are... Um..."
"Rough?" Shalnark asked, smiling when Kurapika nodded. "Well, I work here for a few reasons. There are a lot of health benefits, and we are given housing. But the main reason is that I get to be near a really strong, handsome Alpha most of the time."
Kurapika held back his suddenly burning anger. The omega in front of him, his beautiful wide eyes and soft skin glowing, was unaware of the Kurta's sudden feelings. He was shocked when Kurapika asked him to leave, but he didn't refuse.
Shalnark bumped into Chrollo on his way out, apologizing profusely and running down the hall quickly. Chrollo carried in a few bags and set them down beside the bed.
"Was Shalnark bothering you?" He asked, pulling out a few changes of clothes for Kurapika to try on.
"No. He just brought me some food." Kurapika said.
"Then why do you sound so upset?" Chrollo asked.
"I'm not." Kurapika said flatly. Chrollo only nodded and handed Kurapika a change of clothes.
"Can you try these on? I want to know if I got the right size." Chrollo asked.
Kurapika nodded and went to the bathroom to change. The white cotton pants and shirt were only slightly loose on him, which caused him great satisfaction. He liked his clothes a bit big, giving him maximum comfort. He exited the bathroom and turned slowly for Chrollo.
The Alpha nodded and smiled. "You look wonderful. Are the clothes comfortable enough for you?"
Kurapika nodded. The cotton was light and breathable, and much to his liking. "I hope it wasn't too expensive."
Chrollo waved a hand dismissively. "Don't concern yourself with money. Did anyone besides Shalnark come by?"
Kurapika shook his head and Chrollo nodded, satisfied with his answer. The Alpha put away the rest of Kurapika's clothes neatly and patted the bed beside him. "Let's talk."
"About what?" Kurapika asked, sitting down hesitantly.
"Anything." Chrollo replied. "For instance, what did you do while I was away?"
Kurapika blushed and looked away. He didn't want to admit that he had missed Chrollo, or that he had felt so frisky earlier. "I-I just laid down. I was tired."
"I see." Chrollo hummed. "I went to a few different shops, although I haven't eaten today."
Kurapika couldn't help but worry. His Omega instincts kicked in and he whined softly, scooting closer to Chrollo. "You should eat."
Chrollo looked taken aback by this behavior, but he nodded and smiled. "I'll be right back then. Do you want anything else?"
Kurapika shook his head, full from the noodles he had been given earlier. Chrollo nodded and left.
Kurapika hummed and laid back on the bed, his eyes closing and his breathing deep. He began to feel warm again, a painful loneliness filling him. He pulled a pillow to him tightly, wrapping his arms and legs around it and moaning softly.
He hated being an Omega.