Prologue

Prologue

"You are a pig! A filthy, disgusting, horrendously fat pig!"

"Says the woman who gave birth to that disgusting thing that people expect us to love!"

"Is it my fault she's that terrible? Have you forgotten that she is a combination of the two of us? She is ugly, stupid, and disgusting because she's your kid too!"

"Shut up! She can hear us!"

"She's just a dumb kid! She doesn't understand what our words mean!"

They were wrong. Entirely wrong. You heard every single word and, despite your young age, you knew exactly what it meant. Though they usually seemed so nice and caring to you, when you weren't with them, they would say the meanest things. In case you don't know who "they" are, I'll tell you. Your parents. Yes, that's right, it was your parents who screamed their hatred for you loud enough to reach your room. Every night, you would lay in bed, listening to their ranting about how much they hated you while you silently cried yourself to sleep. It had been like this since your third birthday, which was only a few months ago. You never knew why they hated you, only that you knew they did. But, sadly, you had no choice but to absorb the hate and love them. They were your only family and, well, any family is better than no family. Right? Soon, the yelling stopped and the house went silent. You yawned and went to sleep, one last tear falling down your face.

~Timeskip to the next morning~

"Hey mama? Where are we going?"

"We're going for a walk in the forest sweetie."

"Okay mama."

Your dad was driving the car on a beaten dirt road. Occasionally, you'd hit a few bumps which made you bounce in your seat. There was nothing but forests, flowers, bushes, and other forms of nature for miles and miles and miles. You held tightly to the family scrapbook your parents were working on since you were born and your (animal) plush. You were getting bored and wanted to go back home, but you were far away from any civilization and in a moving car, so therefore, you had to sit. After a few minutes, the car finally stopped in front of a path. Your parents got out of the car and opened your door.