Chapter 27: Northwest Secrets

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Dipper and I just got back from our last monster hunt. Mabel was too tired to join us, which I don't blame her friends the night before. When we walked through the door, Stan was waiting for us. He had a newspaper in his hands. 'Who reads a newspaper anymore?' I think.

"So, you didn't think I wouldn't notice." He says holding out the paper to show us the front page. It was us on the top of the bell tower. Dipper has a taser while I was riding the big bat and the two 'police man' were crying like babies. "I thought you promised me you'd only use it for self-defense, and not go looking for trouble."

"We were just trying to save the town." I reply.

Stan shakes his head, "Yes, but I can't have either of you getting hurt on my watch. Even if you aren't my family." He says that last part looking at me. "Now go and do what kids you age do." Dipper and I look at each other, then rush over to the living room.

"You asked for it, you got it! An entire 48-marathon of Ghost Harassers on the 'Used to Be About History Channel'!"

"Be strong, bladder." Dipper pats his stomach. "We're not gonna move till sunset." I giggle.

"We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news!" Toby announces on the TV.

"Are you kidding me?!" I yell out.

I feel someone jump on my back, "It's starting!" Mabel screams.

"Turn it up!" Candy yells as she jumps on top of Dipper.

"Make room for Grenda!" The girl says in third-person as she jumps in front of all of us, breaking a lamp in the process.

"Well tonight's the night, but I've been out here for days!" The camera zooms out to reveal a tattered and filthy Toby. "The Northwest family's annual high-society-shindig-ball-soiree is here? And even though common folk aren't let in, that doesn't stop us from camping out for a peak at the faciness!"

"Ooooooooh!" The girls, except me, all cheer.

"Okay, can someone please explain why people care about this?" Dipper asks.

"It's pretty much the best party of all time. Rich food, richer boys!" Grenda yells out.

"They say each gift basket has a live quail inside!" Mabel fangirls.

"Give me your life, Pacifica." Candy says as she paws at the TV screen.

"Guys, in case you've already forgotten, Pacifica Northwest is the worst." There is a knock on the door. Dipper gets up with me following him.

"Yeah, I mean remember about a week ago when she and Gideon tore us apart." I add.

"And that's not jealousy talking. I'd say that to her face." He opens the door and see Pacifica standing there.

"I need your help." She tells us.

"You're the worst." Dipper and I both call out, as he slams the door. The girls gasp.

"See?" Dipper points out like it was completely easy. There is another knock on the door. I open the door reluctantly.

"Look. You think it's easy for me to come here? I don't want to be seen in this hovel. But there's something haunting Northwest Manor." Pacifica takes off her sunglasses. "If you don't help me, the party could be ruined!"

"Why would we care about your stupid party?" I ask.

"And why should I trust you? All you've ever done is try to humiliate all of us." Dipper informs.