Cold shoulder

Riley's POV

After Drew dropped me off at home from the arcade I fell back on my bed, thinking about the question Kai had asked me.

Flashback

"Riley, can I ask you a question?"

She sounded nervous and that made me wonder what her question could be. Maybe she wanted to know If I was single? Or if I liked her?

Oh man this is gonna be good!

"Anything" I said honestly preparing myself for an amazing kiss!

She took in a deep breath, looking down at her shoes,

"Do you think Drew and gabby are gonna last forever?"

I felt my entire body shift, I was now completely pissed at myself for getting my hopes up! For thinking that I... ME... Riley... Could actually get a girl like Kai.

First of all she's straight, secondly she's a cheerleader, and I can't EVEN get a lesbians number!

I took a step back, scratching the back of my neck,

"Uh... y-you know I'm not really sure. I guess only time will tell" faster than I had intended I ran for Drew's truck.

She stood looking at me with a confused face until gabby called for her.

End of flashback

I sat up in my bed, grabbed my favorite cheese burger pillow and screamed to the top of my lungs!

"Ahhhhhhhhhh.....!"

When I finally stopped I put the pillow down only to see my mother standing in my doorway holding my cell phone with her mouth open.

"Um sweet heart... Are you all right?" Great even my own mother thinks I'm a psychopath!

I stood up and opened my curtain allowing the sun to beam threw,

"Yes mom I'm fine. Thank for caring, unlike some people in the world who fail to notice the obvious!" I instantly regretted the words that had escaped my mouth

"Well would you like To talk about that someone who failed to see the obvious?" I smiled at my mother knowingly. My mom doesn't mind me being into girls, actually both of my parents are really supportive.

I sat back on my bed,

"Well, there's this girl, her name is Kai. She's amazing, beautiful, sweet, everything really...." I found myself wandering off into thought,

"I invited her to the arcade with me and drew, and we had a really great time, I actually thought we were hitting it off. Until she asked me about Drew!" I screamed into my pillow once again my mom walked over to me

"Well maybe that explains why Drew's been texting you like crazy" I sat up and snatched my phone from her hands, I had four missed text messages from Drew. Probably wondering why I didn't talk to him the entire ride back to my house or why I slammed his truck door! Ok I had a little Bitch fit!

'Whats up with you?'

'You scratched my door you creep!'

'Answer me!'

'You can't hide forever'

I smiled at my phone, I really didn't have a reason to be pissed at Drew just for having amazing Chris Hemsworth looks!

"Thanks mom, I'm ok" she hugged me tightly,

"I'm always wiling to talk, and diner will be done soon" I smiled as she walked out closing the door.