All the right moves

Song for this chapter is One Republics, All the right Moves!

I don't know why I chose that song, but I really like it....... 😌😍
------------------------------

Riley's POV

As I walked onto the soccer field I could feel all eyes on me.
Today was soccer try outs and being a junior meant trying out for a team that's been together since freshmen year.....
Scary.

There were several other freshmen trying out for the fresh soph team but I was the only one trying out for the JV team.

I placed my bag on the bench and changed into my cleats, when a girl that looked to be on the varsity team came over and sat next to me.

"Hi.... Your Riley?" She asked sounding surprisingly sweet. She had dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes, that could almost be green.

"Yeah that's me.... And you are?"

She smiled revealing a neat row of braces, "I'm Carrie, I'm on the varsity team, even though I'm only a sophomore"

I nodded, of course she wanted to intimidate me.
"That's cool.... How long have you been playing soccer?"

She shrugged,
"Actually I started playing in 8th grade" that was surprising, since I had been playing my entire life.
I wanted to see how good she was.

Then a women wearing nike shorts and a matching shirt with a whistle hanging from her neck walked up holding a clipboard. She looked to be In her late twenties early thirties, but either way she was in great shape!

She blew her whistle just as I had finished tying my cleats,
"Ok if your trying out please come over to me" I walked over to the coach as well as about seven other freshmen.

"Ok I'm going to read off the list and tell me when I read your name......"
She went on and finally read my name and smiled,
"Oh it's nice to have someone trying out for JV....."

I just smiled,
"Ok team were going to start out by warming up. I want you to do five laps around the track and then meet up with me on the field"

I started running at a slow pace and watched as every other girl zoomed past me. I guess they didn't know the proper way to run, I'm sure by the third lap they'd all be walking.

Just as I predicted, the only people still running were me and Carrie. Although I was ahead of her by a little she was keeping good pace. And before I knew it we were on our last lap and she was right by my side,
"Your good...." She panted

I smiled picking up my pace as she followed suit,
"So are you" she just laughed and we both ran to the field where the coach was standing holding her clipboard, she jotted some notes down.

"Great job you two, I guess the rest of my team needs to do some overtime running" she laughed at the sight of the rest of the team basically dying on the track.

"Carrie why don't you and Riley go get the balls and cones from the storage room" she handed her the key and I followed behind Carrie as she walked in the direction of a big shed that was behind the stands.

"I never knew this was here" I said

"Yeah it kinda creeps me out, I feel like this is the place where a pervert would hide!" I laughed at her serious expression

She stuck the key inside the chain lock and pulled the shed doors open, I grabbed the bag of soccer balls, and she placed the orange cones on the ground. Locking the shed back up, she grabbed the cones and we made our way back to the field.
"Good luck, even though I'm already sure you made the team" Carrie said as we continued to walk, the hot sun burning into my skin.

"What makes you think that?" I asked

She shot me a look,
"Are you seriously blind?!" She dropped the cones and began to mimic the coach, "oh Riley, it's nice to have someone try out for JV!" I just laughed as she placed her hand on her chest dramatically.

"I'm guessing that your not in drama class!?" She stuck her tongue out picking up the cones.

Once we got back to coach all of the team was standing around with their hands on their hips. I placed the bag of balls on the ground,
"Ok we're going to start out with some drills, find a partner and grab a ball."

Before I could even look around Carrie grabbed my arm,
"I claim you" I just laughed, grabbing a ball from the bag.

We walked to an empty patch and began the given kicking drills, Carrie was respectively good I could see how she was on the JV team.
We continued to kick the ball back and forth doing small tricks here and there. She showed off her skills and I did the same.
All in all I really enjoyed tryouts, and I had already made a friend.

When we had finished the coach pulled me aside after she dismissed the other girls.
"I see a lot of potential in you Riley, and I really look forward to seeing you at the first practice"

I couldn't stop smiling, did she just basically tell me I had a guaranteed spot on the team?!

Walking into the school girls locker room, I changed back into my converse. Carrie took a seat next to me,
"It's gonna be great having someone real on the team"

I looked at her confused,
"What do you mean?"

She stood and shrugged
"I mean everyone else thinks that they're the best, they're all arrogant and snotty. But you seem really cool......"

I stood and smiled,
"So do you Carrie..... "
------------------------------

Bella's POV

I missed my girlfriend.
We hadn't been on a REAL date in almost forever.
I mean I'm glad she's back on the cheer team, but i feel like she's forgetting about me.

We only talk on the phone once a week, and when were at school she kisses me on the cheek and then runs off with the squad.

I'm happy for her... She's been through a lot.
But I'm her girlfriend.

I stepped out of the shower... Why is it that the shower has become my thinking place.

After blow drying my hair, and changing into some yoga pants and a tank top. I picked up my iPhone and dialed Emmys number.

She answered on the third ring,
"Hey babe! What ya doing?"

I leaned back against my headboard,
"Just got out of the shower, I was thinking about you"

"Awe... I love you Bella"

I sighed, did she really love me anymore?
Why was I feeling like this.
"Well can you come over?"

"Umm... I want too... But I can't. I've got to practice the new routine with Kai"

"Ok.. Whatever, I gotta go"

"Bella, please don't be mad"

I didn't feel like arguing, so I just hung up.
I know it was rude, but what did she expect from me?
I wanted to spend time with her, I didn't want us to fall apart... Again.

___________________

Oh NO!
Any thoughts on Riley or our favorite couple?
-What's happening between Emmy and Bella?
-Does anyone have an idea of what's gonna happen between Riley and Kai? Is Carrie gonna be involved?

So many questions.....
COMMENT AND VOTE!!!
❤️❤️❤️