Swimming lessons from a sea dweller

Eridan was dragging Karkat to a location he didn't know, and Karkat was growing suspicious about Eridan. They turned a corner, and a small beach was there.

Eridan stopped, dropping his bag. Karkat did the same. "Well," Eridan said, "this is kinda where I spend most of my time out of school." Eridan began walking to the water, kicking off his shoes. Karkat followed, but didn't get to close to the water. Eridan noticed something was wrong.

"Something the matter, Kar?"

"No..."

"Don't lie to me."

"Well....I can't swim..."

Eridan gave Karkat a look of sympathy. "My apologies. Well, Kar, would you like to learn?" Karkat was surprised to a new extent. A man he just met was going to just teach him to swim?

"Um, I don't know. Not right now I guess. Maybe-" Karkat was interrupted by Eridan jogging up and putting his finger on Karkat's mouth. "You're learning. Now or never, Kar." Eridan took Karkat's hand, leading him to the water. Karkat struggled, but Eridan's grip was firm on his wrist.

"Eridan, no, I'm really not liking this, please don't make me learn!" Karkat was desperate, and had no clue on what to do to convince Eridan to let him go. Eridan pulled him closer, and sat him in the sand. He began untying Karkat's sneakers, and removing his socks. Eridan looked Karkat in the eyes, realizing his worry.

"You'll be fine. Trust me." Eridan gave Karkat a smile, standing him up. "W-why are you teaching me?" Karkat didn't know why he didn't ask earlier. "Anything for a friend." Karkat was surprised again, for he had no idea Eridan considered him a friend. Karkat was guided by Eridan closer to the water so the waves crashed gently against their ankles.

Eridan removed his shirt, and motioned Karkat to do the same. Karkat did so, but he was mesmerized by the sea dweller's amazing form. He was lean and healthy.

"Come in a bit further." Eridan took Karkat's hand again and led him further into the water. Karkat was nervous and felt he may drown, so he instinctively gripped Eridan's hand harder. Eridan noticed he was nervous and turned to face him. "You'll be fine. Promise. Now, first,try laying down on your stomach, and I'll show you basic arm movements."

After about three hours, Karkat was getting the hang of swimming pretty well. Him and Eridan splashed each other in the ocean, Eridan pulling many sneak attacks on Karkat. Eridan would laugh and Karkat would run at him, deface flushed with anger. Most times, Eridan's eyes would widen and his eyebrows would raise as he got out of the short trolls way with elegant, graceful movements.

They had done some homework on the beach, and then realized the time. It was nearing 11:00 p.m., and Karkat stood.

"I should go. My lusus may be worried. Thanks for teaching me to swim!" Karkat turned to leave, but Eridan stopped him.

"I'll walk you back to your hive, if you'd like." Eridan caught up to Karkat, holding his Bag over his shoulder. It looked like Eridan wouldn't give him much of a choice. "Yeah, sure, I guess." Eridan and Karkat laughed and told stories all the way to Karkat's hive. Eridan gave Karkat a par on the shoulder and a two finger salute before turning and heading to his own hive.

Karkat had known him for a day, and he already felt faint red feelings for him coming in. He hoped Eridan felt the same, somewhere deep down. Karkat turned and entered his hive, finding an angry lusus. He ignored her and went straight to his room and fell onto his bed.

Eridan was something. Something new. Something amazing. And Karkat liked that something new and amazing.