The aftermath

**guys I'm so sorry. I had to delete the app for a bit. I'll be trying my best to update now. So so soooo sorry**

~Eridan~

Eridan exited the nurses office with a slight limp, holding an ice pack to his head. Karkat was standing right next to him the whole time, making sure he didn't fall. Eridan was extremely happy that he had one of his quadrants finally filled.

"You should probably go home, Eridan." Karkat chimed in.

"No, Kar, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me." Eridan turned to face his new Moirail, who was looking at him with quite the frightened expression.

"Eridan, please. I'll walk you home if I need too, you just need some more rest." Karkat steered him towards the door to the building. Eridan didn't have enough energy left in him to protest anymore.

"Fine..." He muttered under his breath. Karkat smirked up at him, obviously happy that he had convinced Eridan to go home.

They walked in silence for a bit. Karkat was the first to talk.

"Have you ever been physically bullied like that before?" he asked, concern in his voice.

"Yeah, a few years ago. It was pretty bad. They left some scars." Eridan sighed. "I was hoping I'd never have to experience that kind of thing again...but I had a feeling it would end up happening sooner or later."

"Do you know...why?" Karkat asked in a hushed tone. He probably felt slightly bad for prying. Eridan truly didn't mind.

"Well, I was kind of a dick. And I was pretty desperate. I hated everyone, except this one girl... I truly loved her. She never felt the same way. I used to brag about my royal blood color, so some guys beat the crap out out of me. Made me realize some things. Like the fact that the hemospectrum doesn't really matter...and you shouldn't judge people because of their blood color."

Eridan looked down as he walked, thinking about how much of an awful person he was. He tried his best to just stay away from everyone these days. He didn't know who to trust. He was extremely happy that he found Karkat.

Karkat was silent for a little bit after Eridan has told him about his previous self. He finally looked over to Eridan, just too look away again.

"I'll bash their fuckin' heads in...every single person who's ever hurt you." Karkat said under his breath. Eridan looked at Karkats face. He could see anger and pure hatred flashing across it.

"There's no need for that. They aren't worth it." Eridan looked forward, trying to stop the limp. He failed. The pain was just to great to overcome right now.

"Eridan, they hurt you. I'm not okay with that." Karkat said, his voice steadily getting louder as he spoke. They rounded the corner of where Eridan's hive was.

"Kar, I really appreciate you're feelings about this, and I know you wanna protect me, but you really don't have to hurt them. I probably deserved it, anyways..."

Karkat separated himself from Eridan, standing in front of him. He placed his hands on his hips, frowning. "Eridan, you didn't do anything to those guys today. There's just some dicks in this world that need to be punished. And I'm gonna hurt them for what they did to you."

Eridan looked at Karkats determined face. He really wanted to beat those guys up.

"You don't have to make anyone feel the pain that I've felt. No one should."

"Well they deserve it! they should just die for what they did to you!"

Eridan shot an angered glance to Karkat. "No matter what someone does, no one deserves to die."

Karkat was taken aback. He looked down at the ground, dropping his arms to his sides.

"Karkat?" eridan asked quietly.

"Yeah?"

"You shouldn't hurt anyone...never. No mater how much you want to. And...in the fight I was in a few years back...one of those guys had a knife."

Karkats eyes shot up to meet Eridan's, the anger replaced by shock and worry. "What?!"

"Yeah..." Eridan lifted the bottom if his shirt to show a faint white line that ran all the way across his waist.

Karkat put a hand over his mouth. "Oh...my gog..." Eridan put his shirt down, and looked at Karkat. Karkat walked forward and gave Eridan a gentle hug. Smiling, Eridan hugged him back.

The aftermath of this fight would have probably been a lot worse if he didn't have Karkat by his side.