Mutual feelings

~~Eridan~~

Eridan woke up, slowly. He had curled himself into a ball while he slept, so he stretched out his legs to sit straight up.

Blinking, he looked around the room, confused. This wasn't his hive. He saw Karkat nuzzled into a corner of the room. He had seemed to have fallen asleep.

Eridan smiled looking at how cute Karkat looked. He slowly stood, limping over to Karkat. He sat himself next to Karkat.

Eridan put a hand on Karkats head, and ran it through Karkats hair, a small grin on his face.

Karkat stirred a bit, turning his body to face Eridan's. Karkat extended his arms,wrapping them around Eridan's body.

Eridan's eyes widened slightly, but he relaxed. He picked Karkat up, setting him on his lap. He ignored some of the pain that shot through his systems as he adjusted Karkat.

Karkat layed his sleeping head on Eridan's chest. Eridan moved his hand through Karkats hair again, playing with it.

"Gog, you're adorable." Eridan whispered under his breath. Eridan closed his eyes, continuing to run his hands through Karkats hair.

~~Karkat~~

Karkat had fallen asleep in a corner after watching Eridan sleep for a bit. He felt himself awaking, but he didn't feel himself in the corner.

He lifted his head and looked up at Eridan's face.

"Morning, Kar." Eridan said softly, staring into Karkats eyes with pure adoration.

Karkats eyes widened, and he blushed madly. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He was actually at a loss for words.

"What?" Eridan said, furrowing his brow.

Without hesitation, Karkat grabbed Eridan by the fins, pulling his face down to his. He prest their lips together, not removing his hands from Eridan's fins. He felt Eridan put his arms around him, pulling Karkat closer to him.

Eridan pulled away slowly, looking back into Karkats eyes. Eridan's face was covered in a violet blush. It was Eridan's turn to be speechless. Karkat rubbed Eridan's find between his fingers, causing Eridan to blush deeper.

"M-my fins a-are sensitive..." Eridan squeaked out. Karkat smiled, continuing to move his fingers over Eridan's fins. Eridan was frozen in place, his mouth slightly open.

Karkat moved his hands down from Eridan's fins, brushing his fingers over Eridan's face as he let his hands travel down Eridan's arms.

Karkat stopped about halfway down Eridan's arms, and he then removed his hands from Eridan. He moved off of eridan, standing.

"What are you doing?" Eridan said in a slightly whining way. Karkat smiled down at Eridan.

"Just admiring you like this."

Eridan was still frozen in place, but Karkat watched as Eridan covered his face with his hands.

"Am..am I blushing?"

"Violently."

"Gog, I hate it when I blush."

"Why? it's adorable."

"Stop that."

Karkat kneeled down to go closer to Eridan. He brushed his lips over Eridan's ear.

"You need to get some rest," Karkat purred into Eridan's ear. Karkat saw Eridan shiver slightly, and he smirked.

Eridan peeked at Karkat through his hands. "But I'm not in that much pain anymore..."

"Lies." Karkat said, leaning back. He helped Eridan stand, and he led Eridan back to the chair.

"Kar, please, I don't wanna rest, I wanna be with you!" Eridan whined.

"Well you need to sleep." He sat eridan in the chair, but Eridan quickly tried to stand back up. Karkat pushed him back into the chair again.

Karkat stood and walked over to his door. "Get some more sleep," he called, "and don't try and follow me."

Eridan stood and began walking slowly over to Karkat.

Karkat stepped out of his room, and locked it from the outside.

"Come on, kar, I'm fine!" Eridan shouted through the door.

"Go back to the chair. Sleep." Karkat said back to him.

"But-"

"Eridan. Listen to what I tell you to do." Karkat yelled in a stern voice. Karkat heard a small sigh, and footsteps.

"Thank you. " Karkat said through the wood.

He walked downstairs, and out of his hive. He walked down the street, thinking.

It was obvious they felt the same way about each other. Karkat smiled to himself.

"I love you, Eridan." He whispered under his breath.