Beaten but beautiful

Eridan decided to stay home from school the next day. He was having trouble just plain moving around, so he decided it was best not to go.

~Karkat~

Karkat walked to his third period class, thinking of eridan. He had already realized that eridan didn't come today. He walked into his classroom, sitting in the back. In one of the middle rows, he noticed one of the guys who had hit eridan. He gritted his teeth, looking away.

He zoned out during the lesson, deep in thought. He wondered about how eridan was doing. He was hoping that he got some sort of help.

His thoughts were interrupted my a voice coming from the front of the room.

"Mr. Vantas?" the teacher asked, looking at him with a soft but stern look.

"Yes?" Karkat asked, sitting back in his chair.

"Could you please answer the question?"

"Sorry, I didn't quite understand it. Could you repeat it in a different way so I could gain a better understanding of what you're trying to ask?"

The teacher smiled. "Of course. Whitney has already knit 8 centimeters of scarf, and can knit 1 centimeter each night. After 35 nights of knitting, how many centimeters of scarf will Whitney have knit in total?"

It was an awfully easy question for his grade.

"Easy. 43." Karkat said in a bored tone. The teacher smiled back at him, thanking him. She went back to her lesson and Karkat simply zoned out once again.

~eridan~

Eridan laid on his floor, clutching at his side. -they kicked pretty damn hard.- he thought to himself. He sighed, and slowly stood. He held a wall for support as he walked down some stairs and into his kitchen to get something to eat.

Eridan was searching, and he started feeling dizzy. He put his hands to his head, and felt himself falling. He hit the ground with a loud thud.

Coughing, he curled himself into a ball. He silently cried. He laid there for probably a half hour before he fell asleep on the ground.

------

Eridan awoke in his room, sitting in a chair. He had an ice back in his hand. He told himself to remember to thank his lusus later. He looked at the time, and it seemed to have been a few hours. School had obviously gotten out by now. He decided to get a hold of Karkat.

Then he realized he had nothing that he could contact Karkat through. He groaned. He stood,walking back down stairs again. He knew he shouldn't be doing this. He opened the door, his arm aching as he turned the knob.

He swam out, slowly making his way to the surface. He decided to try and ignore the pain. He stopped trying after a while though, and just let himself float to the top.

When he noticed it getting brighter, he started swimming again. He broke the surface, and swam close to shore where he removed his cape and scarf. He laid on the sand, breathing heavily.

He started drifting off again. -gog, you sleep so much.- he thought as he fell into a sleep.

------

Karkat decided to walk to the beach near Eridan's hive after he left school. He walked slowly, thinking. He hoped eridan was alright. He hoped that he was resting somewhere in his hive. He rounded the corner to see the beach. He noticed eridan sleeping on the sand, his scarf and cape laying beside him.

"Idiot. You shouldn't have left your hive..." Karkat muttered aloud. He dropped his bag, walking over to eridan. He looked so peaceful, and Karkat couldn't help but smirk when he looked at him. He laid down next to eridan, putting his hands behind his head. Karkat closed his eyes, thinking.

His thoughts about eridan have been whirling in his head all day. He knew they were Moirails. But he didn't know if he wanted something more. Karkat looked at Eridan's beaten but beautiful face. He smiled looking at him.

Karkat was confused. He could only think one thing.

<?