Ch 4. Deadly Plans

Jeffrey Moore sat crouched by his window of his tiny studio apartment above the market place directly across from the Hamato Dojo. He pulled his camera out and once again began taking pictures, watching as Raphael came out and placed two different types of bags in the back of his truck. His angry brown eyes narrowed as he watched Leonardo come out and place another bag next to Raph's bags.

He eyes narrowed when he saw the two turtles walk over toward the house again, wondering once again what they were up to. For the past six months, since he came out from LA, he had been keeping a close watch on the young turtle. Following him and his turtle lover as they walked from their home to movie theaters, restaurants, beaches and the amusement park. More then once, he had come very close to attempting to grab him and drag him off to the love nest he was preparing for him, but it still was not ready. It angered him to see the turtle so happy without him, but soon, he kept telling himself, soon he would be done with his little hide away and he would find a way to take Leonardo away from this…Raphael…and make him realize how much happier he would be with him.

As he seethed in anger, he continued taking pictures and watched as one by one, the large brown rat and two other turtles came out of the house and hugged Raph and Leo.

"Where are you going my little runaway." He mused as Raph and Leo climbed into the truck and drove off. He opened the window and listened intently.

"Have a good time." The freckled faced turtle called out, waving his arms at the truck. "See you on Sunday."

Jeffrey closed his window and sat on his bed. He punched the pillow and scowled angrily. "What are you doing Leonardo?" He demanded out loud. "How dare you run off with that with piece of filth." He kicked the dresser and was just about to punch the wall when he stopped himself and took a deep calming breath. "It doesn't matter." He said. "You will be back on Sunday and I'll continue to watch you." He reached over his bed to the little nightstand and opened it up. He smiled upon seeing the black .45 laying in the drawer. "Maybe I'll even have a little surprise for your boyfriend." He sneered, closing the drawer.

He walked over to his dresser and opened the top drawer. Inside was a map that showed woods with hiking trails and various structures throughout the map. "I have to go back to our little love nest and continue preparing it." He said to himself with a smile. "Soon, my plans will be complete and I'll be able to bring you up there and we'll have a new life of our own to live." He looked over the map and nodded before putting it back into the drawer. He then laid on his bed and decided to take a nap before leaving later that night.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Look at the stars Raph." Leo said as he leaned against a tree and stared up at the moonlit sky. "Aren't they beautiful. There's so many of them and they seem so big and close, sometimes I feel like I could just reach up and grab one." He gave a light chuckle.

Raph sat next to him and handed him a roasted hot dog on a stick. "I would prefer they stay up there." He told him as he leaned next to him against the tree and stared up at the sky.

"Why?" Leo asked, cocking his head to the side as he considered the endless dark sky.

Raph looked at Leo lovingly. "Because you don't mess with things that are beautiful." He said and turned Leo's head toward his and gave him a deep and passionate kiss.

They ate their hot dogs in silence and then roasted marshmallows for S'mores. They were on Cadillac Mountain of Acadia National park, celebrating Leo's nineteenth birthday. They had found a secluded spot in the campground to enjoy the sunrise. Something they had been doing for Leo's birthday since Leo and Raph came back to New York, and something they decided they would continue to do.