01. ||

Camilla POV

"Baby wake up you gotta get the kids up." My boyfriend Damarcus whispered to me before rolling back over to sleep.

"Alright I'm up." I jumped up outta bed and headed into my younger brother, Cash's room. "Cash wake up man and what did I tell you about having females in my house on school nights? Get Cassius ready for school please man. We'll talk later." I said walking out the room and heading to my little sister Canari room.

"Good morning to you too sis." He laughed then yawned, nudging the random thotty he had in his bed to get up.

"Mhm." I knocked on Canari's door next. "Nari get up. Time to get ready for school."

"Hugh I'm up Camilla! Stop knocking!" Canari yelled from the inside of her room.

These people are always something in the morning.

Well let me introduce y'all to myself and my life. I'm Camilla Taylor, 21 years old, born and raised in East Harlem. After my mom passing from cancer and my dad being on drugs really bad I was left to take care of my siblings. They're what I live for; Cashmere, 16, Canari, 9 & last but not least my baby boy Cassius, who's only 5. It gets hard taking care of all of us but I make a way.

I'm a college student by day and a bartender at night. It pays the bills especially with me doing hair on the side we be good. That's actually how I met Damarcus. He heard around the streets I do hair and one day he needed his dreads touched up and he hit me up, ever since that day he's been in my life. He helps as well when he can, but I don't expect much we've only been dating for six months now. He's a good guy but I feel like he's hiding something. Can't put my finger on it.

Anyways my siblings and I live in a 4 bedroom, nice two story home. Perfect for us and a blessing seeing as though we live in East Harlem. But we don't have any issues besides corner boys tryna blow down on me everytime I walk out the house & me tryna keep Cash out of trouble so he don't become one of them corner boys. That's my story.

I made Cassius & Canari's lunch and headed to the shower to get ready for the day.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Aye bae I'm heading out imma call you later after I take care of some business." Damarcus cracked the bathroom door barely even paying attention to me as he talked, all glued into his phone.

"Well alright be safe, love you." I said back to washing off.

"Alright." He left not even saying "I love you" back. This is not the first time that has happened which has been pissing me off lately.

I got out the shower and dried off before heading to my room to put on some warm clothes. It was fall and everyone in East Harlem know how cold it get out here.

"Sis I don't feel good." Nari whined coming in to my room and laying on my plush couch.

"Are you forreal Nari? Cause if you just not feeling it today then just say that & I'll call you out. You ain't gotta lie." I told her from the bathroom while I was putting on my face.

"Okay I just don't wanna go. Let's go do girl stuff today!" She said with excitement running to the bathroom door. I knew this girl just didn't wanna go, she's my lil minnie me.

"I knew it." I laughed at her excitement. "Yeah I got some errands to run you can come along then we going out to eat with Sky."

Sky has been my bestfriend since we were in diapers. Her mom and my mom were just as close as we were back in the day.

"Okay sounds good. Aren't you getting a tattoo today?"

"Yes that's part of my errands girl. Now go get dressed and dress warm."

We're about to be busy!

○○○○○○

East POV

"Aye Cease I'm fucking with this tattoo bro." I was getting some ink touched up on. Had my nigga Ceasar get me right at his shop Black Ink.

"Yeah bro had to get you right."

"Aye so what you got going on for the rest of the day B?"

"Well I got this friend, Mills, she's coming in with her bestie to get a couple tattoos today then I'm done for the day." He said as we walked up to the front. "Speaking of here she is."

I looked out from my phone and seen this bad lightskin walking in with this glow on her. She was gorgeous. "Damn!" I said to myself but it was louder than I thought cause her friend looked at me like I was crazy.

"Hey Cease, what's been up with you moneymaker?" They hugged each other.

"You know doing these tattoos, showing off my art to the world." He said laughing.

"I see!" She said looking at my new tattoo on my arm of my birthdate. "I love this tattoo." She said to me.

"Oh really? What you love about it?"

"It's my birthdate."

"Oh shit forreal, mines too. What's your name beautiful?"

"Damn you gone throw it at her just like that?" My nigga Walt says and everyone begins laughing including her.

"Shut up Walt but to answer your question I'm Camilla but everyone calls me Mill. This is my baby sister Canari and this my bestfriend Sky."

"And your name?" Her little sister asked with sass. I laughed, it was cute.

"My name Brandon but everyone calls me "East Sav"." All the niggas said in unison.

"Why is that?" Camilla asked.

"Because he runs the eastside baby East Harlem is all him Mills, damn you live in East Harlem and you didn't know that?" Ceasar said all excited giving me the clout I already had.

Yeah I'm the king of the East. Every nigga on the block know not to fuck with me. I'm from the streets of East Harlem, born & raised. My pops was one of the biggest drug dealers in Harlem before he passed and now the thrown is mines.

The reason I stepped in and took over is because I got people that rely on me. My momma & my daughter gone have it all believe that. I'm doing this for them and can't nobody step in the way of that.

"Alright let's cut to the chase, give me yo phone so I can put her number in it." Her lil sis was something else man but I handed her my phone.

"Canari no! You know I'm with Damarcus."

"Well I don't like him and there's nothing wrong with being friends with Brandon, right?"

"She gotta point. Imma hit you up Mill." Gave her a kiss on her forehead so I could leave her speechless. "Alright I'm out y'all."

Had to make a couple stops before I make it home to my lil princess but I'll for sure be hitting up the beautiful Camilla.