32.

Omniscient POV A Month Later

Who knew it would come down to this. Now back in Harlem sat Mill, Sky and Tia in the front row of their best friends funeral. Kamry was gone and now the three girls felt like they lost a part of themselves. The doctors did everything they could but Kamry had too many injuries to recover from.

Brandon and Don sat behind the girls, more pissed than sad. They wanted to kill whoever did this to their family. They wanted blood for Cease and Kamry. East had more faith than anybody that he was gonna get what he wanted.

The preacher was speaking words of encouragement to the family and friends of Kamry's and East could no longer take it. He stood up and walked out of the church. He was trying to be strong for everybody but he couldn't take it anymore.

He was now in the parking lot by his truck, ready to explode and let all his feelings out in the air. He then yelled "WHAT THE FUCK!!!" Out loud, meanwhile shedding a few tears. He slid down on his truck, falling to the ground. Finally giving up he put his face in his hands.

"Baby calm down, calm down!" Mill had walked out of the church a few moments after East to check on her husband. She was hurt and trying to mourn her lost calmly for two reasons. One because she was trying to be the backbone for Tia and Sky. And two because she was two months pregnant.

East couldn't do anything but hold on to Mill's legs and cry some more. "We shoulda told them to stay in Atlanta."

"Baby it's not our fault! Okay you have to understand that. It's not our fault." She began crying. She kneeled down to where her and East were face to face. "Baby look at me." She grabbed his hands from his face and put them on her stomach. "We're gonna be alright, okay?" She looked at him with so much empathy in her eyes. He nodded his head at Mill, realizing she was being stronger than him at this moment.

"Baby I love you."

"I know my baby I love you too. Now c'mon let's get up and go back in. You know you are one of the casket holders." East then got up and held Mill's hand on the way back into the church. "We're gonna be okay and we damn sure gone get our peace back."

One Month Earlier

East POV

"Baby we gotta go home." I didn't know what the fuck was going on but I had this huge knot in my stomach. "You gotta talk to me Don, what about them?"

"You gotta come back bro. They in the hospital. I don't think they gonna make it." I felt like my breath was taken from me when he said those words. I looked up at Mill, who was on the edge of her seat now, worried on what was being told to me.

All I could think about was how we were gonna get there as quick as we could. "Say no more." I hung up and got up to sit close to Mill. "Baby look at me, okay? This is serious."

"What's going on at home? You're scaring me."

"It's not looking good. But listen baby I don't need you stressing right now. So hold up." I walked away cause I needed the captain to get us on a boat back to the beach house. I ended up telling him the situation and he turned us around ASAP. It was a good thing we weren't far from our beach house. On my way back to my seat I shot a text to my pilot. I needed to get outta here quick. I had copped a private jet two years ago. Only reason I didn't use it to get here was because my pilot was on vacation when we left and I was too much of a short notice to find someone else.