Chapter 1: Diaries Aren't So Secret

Warning! This story contains cheesy, mushy gushy moments. If you have a severe vomiting problem, I suggest you go now.

    The name's Halo.(Now, I know what you're thinking. Oh this is just a 2017 version of The Notebook. Trust me, there's more to it than that.) Now, back to the story. It all started, with a diary.

    Yes I know, I know. " She's just one of those insecure girls who goes to a diary for comfort". Once you hear the entire story, you'll understand.

    Anyway, I was at the library writing in my diary, when the head librarian, Ms.Marshue, came up to me with some books.

"Here are some more books for you Halo. The men in these books are brighter than men in real life, lemme tell you"

    Ms.Marshue was a nice woman. She was a 33 year old with a fetish for guys with accents. She reads books with Italian guys because in Chicago, the only guys with accents are the Puerto Rican guys that own corners stores. She didn't look 33 though. She mostly wears these pencil skirts that make her butt look bigger and a push up bra to make her boobs less saggy. She tells people she's really 21 but she trusts me to know her real age. Aside from being a slut, she's a pretty nice woman,unless someone's acting like an asshole to her. She's always been there for me and understands my situation better than anyone else probably ever will. She's like my only real family.( Totally cheesy, I know. I warned you. Hold on to your vommit, cause there's alot more where that came from.)

        "Thanks Ms.Marshue. For everything. "

"Anytime Halo. Take whatever books you please and tell that dad of yours he can check anything out he wants. Including me."

I rolled my eyes at her comment, but then again my dad is a bit sexy( you know, coming from his daughter). She let out a small chuckle and left the books on the desk. I looked at the books. Twilight, Romeo and Juliet, and my favorite Everything, Everything. Romance novels are my absolute favorite. They take you to a world where there's always love and happiness, making you forget that the world is a peice of crap.

     I had to use the bathroom for a second so I left my diary on the desk and left for the girls' room. (I don't usually use toilets that other people's asses have touched, but I had a big coke, so I took my chances.)

       After washing my hands for the third time ( I'm a germaphoob) I came back to see that my diary was gone. I felt a feeling I hadnt felt in a long time. I felt all the oxygen  leaving my lungs and replaced with fire. My face began to numb and my palms were sweating hard.

       That diary was my only link to my mom. Ever since she...... actually I don't know what happened to my mom. I just know I don't see her anymore. She gave me that diary when I was 7 years old.( Another gushy moment, I know. I'm sorry but you'll have to deal with it.)

      I looked around for my diary. Nothing. I decided to go to the front desk to ask Ms.Marshue is she'd seem it. As I was walking, i froze. My jaw dropped. I clenched my fists. My heart sank.

        There, a boy in glasses reading my diary........