Chapter 6: Auntie Marshue

That's just what I needed. There, the adorable asshole, seeing me in my absolute LOWEST moment.

I sucked up my tears, and went back to smart-mouthing him.

"Why are YOU here?"

"I could ask you the same question."

He offered me  his jacket but I refused.( No way I was gonna loose my dignity in front of that asshole.)

" Come on. It's the middle of October and you're freezing."

(I hate it when he's right) " I'm fine."

He started to look annoyed. "You're laying out in the cold all by yourself."

"I said I'm-"

" Look, enough is enough. You're gonna take the jacket and you're gonna let me take you home. So enough with the tough-girl routine and put on the damn jacket."

I was stunned.(And a little startled.)
As much as I hated it, i took the jacket and I put it on. It was a little big on me and it sagged on my arms. It smelled of coffee and sweat(I kinda liked it).

"You're such an asshole."

"You can call me an asshole AFTER you tell me where you live so I can take you home."

After everything that just happened, I couldn't go home. Not now. I needed some time to process this.

" I uh, I can't go home."

"Look, I already told you-"

"Carter. Listen to me. I can't go home."

He seemed to hear the panic in my voice because he nodded his head and  sighed.

"Alright. I know a place you can stay. But you have to promise to tell me whats going on."

I nodded my head slightly and murmured "Thank you." ( I hated every second of this. Me looking desperate and vulnerable in front of Channing Tatum the asshole. How humiliating.)

"Alright. Come on. Let's go."

I tried getting up but my stomach was still swirling around ever since my giant pukefest. I was able to get to my feet but I felt drowsy and began to fall over. I closed my eyes and was ready to fall on my face.

Weird. I didn't feel anything.

I opened my eyes. Carter had caught me in his big muscley arms. (I didn't hate it. But I didn't want him to know I liked it.)

I looked into his eyes. (His big, beautiful brown eyes.) Sweat was beaming down his tan skin. I stared at him. And he stared at me.

I came back to and got out of his arms.

"The place?"

" Huh? Oh, yeah. It's a couple of blocks from here. You sure you're okay?You seem on edge."

I was gonna say yes, but my stomach was so queasy it felt like I didn't have a stomach.

" Honestly, no. Feeling a bit queasy."

He seemed concerned. " You sure you don't want me to take you home?"

" Carter, I'm fine. But I just cannot go home. At least not right now."

He nodded in understandment and took a moment to think.

"Well I can't do anything about the quesiness, but I can do this."

He grabbed me by my thighs.

" What do you think you're-whooaa!"

He lifted me up and he was carrying me halfway down the block.