Chapter 8: My Hot New Tutor

The next day I woke up to find my dad had cooked me breakfast. He was in the kitchen cleaning.

"Morning Halo."

"Morning Dad. How was dinner with Lola last night?"

He seemed to do a flirty sort of sigh. (Like the girls in chick flicks) " It was great. Lola is such a nice woman. So what'd you think of her?"

I noticed the way my dad's eyes lit up whenever he talked about Lola. I knew there was something off about her, but I didn't want to ruin my dad's happiness.

" She's great dad. You two are nice together."

My dad sighed in relief and gave me a hug." Good. I'm glad you like her. Now hurry off, or you'll be late for school. Plus, your birthday is tomorrow. I was hoping you wouldn't mind if Lola came over along with your friends."

(I didn't really want that weird girl to come over. But if it made dad happy.)

"Sure dad. Lola can come over. "

He kissed me on the forehead. " Great. Alright see you after school."

" Later Dad." And with that I was off to school.

I FREAKING HATE SCIENCE!We had to do an assignment on the the different types of rocks!( WHAT THE HELL IS THE DIFFERENCE! A ROCK IS A FUCKING ROCK!)

I was trying to explain the only two rocks I knew (A diamond and a lump of coal.) When I looked down and saw a note on my chair.

I figured it was Iyanna just asking me what it was like sitting next to an asshole like Carter.( Or in her words a "Hottie") I looked down at the note. It wasn't from Iyanna. It was from Carter.

    Hey!
You still haven't told me what happened. You need to tell me what the hell happened or I will tell Iyanna what you were doing the other night.

I rolled my eyes at the note. (Was he seriously trying to blackmail me?)

  Are you threatening me asshole? Because if so, you're not very good at it.

He looked at the note and, I think I saw him clench his fist.

  Look, this isn't funny anymore. I'm tired of waiting. I'm serious. No threats. I just want to know if youre okay and if everything at home is okay. You may think I'm an asshole, but I do care about you Halo. And i think it's time I knew what's going on.

I began to write on the note.

Fine. The truth is I

The bell rang. I guess I would have to tell him later. Before I could rush out the door, Ms.Toddson stopped me.

"Halo, Carter. I need to speak with the two of you."

What the hell did I do! I hadn't gotten into a fight with anyone since..uh..you know what? Scratch that thought.

"Halo I noticed your grades in science have been falling. And ever since hot stuff came to school..."

He didn't looked very amused with  her.

Ms.Toddson cleared her throat and went back to being serious. " I've noticed his excellence in science, so I've asked Carter to tutor you."

(ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! I DON'T WANT TO GET TUTORED BY THAT ASSHOLE! I'LL LOOK LIKE A LOSER! NOT EVEN A LOSER!A BIGGER ASSHOLE THAN HE IS!WHICH IS PRETTY DAMN BIG!)

I looked at Carter. That grin on his face was as wide as ever. (THAT ASSHOLE HAD THE NERVE TO GET PISSED WITH ME! WELL JUST YOU WAIT CARTER, I'M GONNA SMACK THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!)

"I would be happy  to help Halo study."

(I'm gonna fucking kill him.)

Ms.Toddson smiled. "Excellent! Why don't you guys go to the school library and study there. I'm giving you a pass in trigonometry."

(At least I get SOMETHING out of this!)

"Thank you. Let's go Halo." (Oh I hate that asshole!)

"Fine."

I turned around and started walking, making sure my hair hit him in the face.

When we made it to the school library, we sat down and took out our notebooks.

"So, what do you want to start with?"
He still had that grin on his face.

" Oh, I don't know. How about we start with this."

I punched him in the arm ,letting my fist press deep into his skin.(His skin was so soft.)

He tried to play it cool. " Ok...OW! What the hell was that for?!?"

" Don't act like you dont know asshole. You set up this whole thing didn't you?"

He looked at me dead in the eyes. " Is it my fault you're bad at science?"

I wanted to smack that smirk off his face so bad!

"Whatever. Just teach me the fucking science."

He began to get smart with me."What's your problem? You act  like you dont need help from anyone."

" Because I dont! I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my self!"

"That's not what it looked like the other day when you were in an abandoned alley."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Here you are, talking about how I think I don't need others help, while you're off buying painkillers from some drug dealer."

He clenched his fists. "THATS DIFFERENT AND YOU KNOW IT!?!YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE FAMILY PROBLEMS!?!"

I turned around, tears filling my eyes. "OH BUT I DO! I WALKED IN ON MY DAD HAVING SEX WITH SOME OTHER  GIRL INSTEAD OF MY MOM, AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE THE FUCK SHE IS SO I'M HERE WRITING IN A SHITTY LITTLE DIARY BECAUSE I HAVE NO ONE TO GO TO! SO CARTER YOU CAN KEEP WORRYING ABOUT YOURSELF WHILE KNOWING DAMN WELL THAT THE WORLD DOESNT JUST REVOLOVE AROUND AN ASSHOLE LIKE YOU!?!?"

Carter's mouth was wide open. " Halo I'm so-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!?!?"

I grabbed my books and flung my book over my back and walked away, letting my tears flood the ground as I walked.

That asshole thinks he's the only one with problems. Well guess what asshole? I'm gonna go home, write in my diary, and let my tears fill the pages.

I walked home alone. I let my tears fell on my shoes as I walked. I got home and took my shoes off. My socks were soggy with tears. I left them on anyway.

I sat at my dad's desk and took out my diary. I flipped through the pages to look for a fresh on. Nothing. I had filled my diary. Not with memories. But with fantasies. Fantasies that my mom would come home. Fantasies that I would find someone and love them. Fantasies that maybe one day, I would truly be happy.

I threw my diary across the room.

"WHAT THE HELL DID I DO! I DON'T DESERVE THIS!"

I sat on the floor. My tears soaking my shirt. My pants. My heart.

"I deserve happiness."