Chapter 16: Final Breaths and Tragic Deaths

"Ms.Marshue,what the hell are you doing here?"

"Your dad called me and told me that Carter was acting ballistic and talking about how you were in danger. He said you went to the old lighthouse so I came to see what the hell was going on."

I looked at the pilot. "Who the hell is he?"

"Oh, that's my new boyfriend, Manwello. He's a Hispanic man visiting his grandmother here. He's from Cleveland."

Manwello looked over at me and waved. (For a thirty three year old woman, Ms.Marshue had good taste in men.)

I moved my hair from my face." Thanks for trying to save me asshole. It was really- OH MY GOD CARTER!"

Ms.Marshue and Manwello turned around. Carter was lying on the ground breathing heavily, his face a bright shade of green.

I checked his pulse. "HE'S BARELY BREATHING!WE NEED TO GET TO A HOSPITAL!?!"

Manwello nodded and started heading back to the city.

Carter coughed out some water and some of what seemed to be his dinner from last night.(GROSS!) I put my head on his chest. He's heart was beating fast as his chest moved up and down. I smelled his breath as he coughed. Painkillers.

"CARTER HOW MANY OF THOSE PAINKILLERS DID YOU HAVE!?!"

Ms.Marshue looked back at us. "PAIN KILLERS!?!WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?"

"IT'S A LONG STORY!I'LL TELL YOU LATER!"

I leaned over to whisper in Carter's ear. "Carter, I know it's hard to speak, but I need you to try. How many painkillers did you have?"

He coughed out some more water. I heard him mumble a few words, but I couldn't hear him clearly.

"What?"

He grabbed my arm and pulled me down to his face. He coughed a little and whispered into my ear.

"I only took 1 when I'd found you in the alleyway. But since then, the pain was just too much and I took at least 20 till now."

Tears formed in my eyes. "YOU'RE SUCH AN ASSHOLE! MANWELLO, HOW FAR ARE WE FROM THE HOSPITAL!?!"

He had a Hispanic accent. "We should be there in 10 minutes."

I wiped my tears away off my face. This was all my fault. If I hadn't tried to kill myself like a fucking idiot, Carter would've been to the hospital by now. He was gonna die. And it was all my fault.

I let my tears fall down my face and onto Carter's forehead. "I'm sorry Carter. This is all my fault. All you've done was try to help me and I couldn't even return the favor. I'M SUCH AN  ASSHOLE!!YOU SHOULD'VE LET ME DIE! AT LEAST YOU COULD'VE MOVED ON AND LIVED A HAPPY LIFE!?!"

I put my head on his chest. He whispered some words to me as I rested on his six pack.

"I couldn't be happy without you Halo. You helped me realize who I am as a person. And even if I die, I'll  die knowing the girl I loved lived to let me tell her I loved her."

I put his hand on my heart."I love you too Carter."

He eyelids were halfway open. I put my head down onto his face and let my lips press gently on to his. I grabbed his hair and pulled him closer to my face.

I let go of him and wrapped my arms around him, laying my head gently on his chest.

I looked at his face. His eyes were closed. I checked his pulse. He didn't have one.

"We're here at hospital!"

I looked at them. " Um guys. I don't think we're gonna need it anymore."